AACOMAS is not that far behind schedule...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

RDJ

Relax a little bit guys and gals. It is the first year they are using the online application. As with anything involving technology, there will be bugs that need working out.
If it means anything to compare, look at the TMDSAS application in Texas. This is the first year they did completely away with the paper application and required everyone to use the online route (the application covers the states 10 medical and dental schools). Guess what, even though they used the online system last year, they still had bugs this year. The application process began 1 May and they just recently delivered the first batch of applications.
Personally, I think it is quite a stretch to say this reflects badly on the profession (as has been suggested in other posts). Everyone is in the same boat, hang in there and relax...

Cheers, Dale

F.Y.I: I email AACOMAS about every two weeks to check my status. The same gentleman responds each time within a few days. The last email I received from him is posted below. Moreover, I received this email on SUNDAY afternoon. So, if you think they are not working hard on the application process, maybe this will suggest otherwise.

30 July 2000

?Thank you for your email. We have received all of your materials, and the processing should be completed within the next 1-2 weeks. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Craig R. Benson
AACOMAS Associate Director?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that the problems shouldn't reflect poorly on the osteopathic profession. Apparently there were quite a few problems with the AMCAS in its early days! I find that there are usually problems when companies and organizations make transitions with technology. Perhaps it is a reflection of the programmers or computer consultants?

Michele

IT HAS BEGUN!

Got an email today from DMU stating they received their first batch of applications on 1 AUGUST. I submitted my AACOMAS application on 5 June, but my mine was not in the first batch. I called AACOMAS and they said it would go out in next weeks batch. You guys/gals may want to call AACOMAS and check your status.

Email excerpt:

?We received our first batch of data from AACOMAS Tuesday (8/1). Your
information was not in this batch. At this point, you are in no way being harmed by the delay in receiving your information so do not fret. Please feel free to contact me if you want to check in a couple of weeks on the status of your AACOMAS app. FYI, the apps are processed first come, first serve.? -signed by a DMU admissions official

i also got a message on the online account status. They said my application was delivered on 7/4/2000. funny that it is not even 7/4 yet...seems like they are like Michael J. Fox and are headed back to the future.