• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

AACOMAS Question

CJhooper123

5+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
  1. Medical Student
    Is it possible to change the order in which your activities are listed? Does this matter?

The reason I ask, is that when I print out my application, my extracurricular activities are listed first (e.g. College basketball, etc) while my clinical experiences (scribing, MA, etc.) are listed towards the end. I would rather highlight my most important experiences first...

Last edited:

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
    May 29, 2017
    1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
      I'm 95% sure you cant edit the experiences section once it's submitted. But as the other poster stated this wont adversely affect you. They'll read the entire thing.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

MakeLifeHappen13

5+ Year Member
      Jul 9, 2016
      1. Medical Student
        I remember your thread couple of years ago about whether to do a post-bacc or SMP. I'm glad to see you've made it this far and ready to submit your app. Let me know where you end up and how everything goes.

CJhooper123

5+ Year Member
        Apr 2, 2016
        1. Medical Student
          The only way to do that is change the dates.

It looks like things are alphabetically ordered --> 1) Extracurricular activities 2) Healthcare activities 3) Non healthcare activities
          The activities within these sections appear to be chronological.

Is there anyway to make "Health care activities" go before "Extracurricular activities"? I am ok with the chronological order.

CJhooper123

5+ Year Member
          Apr 2, 2016
          1. Medical Student
            I remember your thread couple of years ago about whether to do a post-bacc or SMP. I'm glad to see you've made it this far and ready to submit your app. Let me know where you end up and how everything goes.

Yes! Thank you - I ended up going with the post-bacc. I am greatly thankful for the advice I have received on SDN so far. Hopefully it works out this cycle! Will definitely let you know.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.