AACOMAS sGPA lower than everything else. Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lunargravity

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So after getting all classes that are included for AACOMAS sGPA I have a 2.94 even if I do well next semester in finishing up my DIY post-bacc. Now my sGPA for TMDSAS would be 3.2ish and AMCAS 3.1 (maybe higher in both if some of my psych classes count). I'm just a bit nervous as I didn't really give AACOMAS any focus and that it would be a given I apply DO, as well as all the Texas schools. This difference in gpa does has me concerned of being screened out of DO schools. I will take my MCAT in January, but I don't know how much that will help given a low sGPA. I plan to finally apply this upcoming cycle alongside some SMP programs if things don't go well.
 
I have a 3.25 science and I’ve only had 1 II, with a 506 mcat and a 3.5 cGPA. I think my science has been a red flag so I’d recommend getting that up as much as possible
 
I had multiple IIs for DO school with a science GPA below 3.0 and a high MCAT. There will definitely be schools with a hard 3.0 cutoff that you won't be able to apply to, but that doesn't really matter as long as you apply broad.