AACOMAS sGPA lower than everything else. Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lunargravity

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after getting all classes that are included for AACOMAS sGPA I have a 2.94 even if I do well next semester in finishing up my DIY post-bacc. Now my sGPA for TMDSAS would be 3.2ish and AMCAS 3.1 (maybe higher in both if some of my psych classes count). I'm just a bit nervous as I didn't really give AACOMAS any focus and that it would be a given I apply DO, as well as all the Texas schools. This difference in gpa does has me concerned of being screened out of DO schools. I will take my MCAT in January, but I don't know how much that will help given a low sGPA. I plan to finally apply this upcoming cycle alongside some SMP programs if things don't go well.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.25 science and I’ve only had 1 II, with a 506 mcat and a 3.5 cGPA. I think my science has been a red flag so I’d recommend getting that up as much as possible

Reactions: 1 user
I had multiple IIs for DO school with a science GPA below 3.0 and a high MCAT. There will definitely be schools with a hard 3.0 cutoff that you won't be able to apply to, but that doesn't really matter as long as you apply broad.