AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobtheweazel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case anybody was wondering, the electronic application service will launch around mid-day today, but there is not an exact time set. Also, if you started an application last cycle and you log in with your existing account information rather than create a new account, the application service will import your previous information into your new application.

Correction: If your AACPMAS application was MAILED to programs last cycle, you are eligible to have your application information imported to the new cycle.

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! I had already filled out most of it just as a little practice for this cycle, can't wait to get going!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Just started filling out the app, can't wait to begin this process (and have it over with...)

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Just started as well:claps:
For the transcripts, can't we just get our schools to mail it directly to the AACPMAS address? Trying to figure out what the purpose of the "transcript matching form" is.
Wondering about that as well...I'm hoping I can just fax the form to my schools registrars office instead of having to make the 2 hour drive just to hand it to them

Does anyone know the schools that will give out interviews before any LoRs?? I haven't gotten pod letter in yet.

Awkward. Filling out my podiatry experiences and my computer does not know that word

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 3.49.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 3.49.45 PM.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 93
Are you guys putting shadowing experiences under podiatric experiences?

Just started as well:claps:
For the transcripts, can't we just get our schools to mail it directly to the AACPMAS address? Trying to figure out what the purpose of the "transcript matching form" is.
They say that it makes the process go faster. It's just in case any of the information on your transcript does not match the information AACPMAS has, like full name, address, etc. The form has a little barcode on top and when AACPMAS receives that form attached to an official transcript they can scan it and will know exactly who to match the transcript to. They say you don't HAVE to use the form but that if you don't it may delay the process.

I assume it's especially useful if your name is like John Smith or Juan Rodriguez and they're probably gonna get multiple transcripts with that exact name.

Question? What should we put in the description for your shadowing experiences? I've shadowed several professions and i'm not sure if i should be in-depth here or to the point( i.e. i shadowed X profession for X number hours, etc)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone done the optional diversity essay for Scholl? And I'm not sure what to upload for Scholl shadowing/healthcare hours. Is it like something written from the podiatrist that I shadowed him/her?

Question? What should we put in the description for your shadowing experiences? I've shadowed several professions and i'm not sure if i should be in-depth here or to the point( i.e. i shadowed X profession for X number hours, etc)
Where does it specifically ask for shadowing experiences?

In the Supporting Information- Experieneces sub-tab is where you enter your shadowing/volunteer/work experiences. A description is required to add the experience. @LukeCollinss

For my shadowing experiences I put the Podiatrists name as the issuing organization, the date as the date I shadowed, and for title I just put shadowing. And then I write a little sentence about the shadowing experience at the end.

Don't know if that format is correct but it looks pretty

Ohh ok that's where I put mine too, I thought you were saying there was a specific area to put shadow experience other than that.

I just talked about how the doctor was, when I started shadowing, some things he showed me, what he told me about the profession, etc.

Just an FYI, make sure you check each schools individual requirements for LOR's and other documents under Program Materials. The individual websites and the AACPMAS website does seem to be completely congruent with one another. Just to be one the safe side... wouldn't want to submit an app missing info.

Are you guys elaborating on the description? Like, how long should they be?

Was working on the application just now and the server crashed. What do I do?!!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how to enter the withdrawn courses? I'm assuming just a "W" for the grade with "0" for the credit but not sure..
I just entered in the course as normal and put "W" as the grade. Seemed to work

If you're talking about under Supporting Information>Experiences then I was pretty in depth with hours and the types of diseases and disorders I saw and the range of treatments I saw. They do seem to give you ample room to be pretty detailed.

However, if you're talking about under Program Materials>Documents then I have no idea what exactly they want. A timeline of the shadowing experience, does it need to be signed by the physician, WTF AACPMAS, explain yo'self!

Has anyone done the optional diversity essay for Scholl? And I'm not sure what to upload for Scholl shadowing/healthcare hours. Is it like something written from the podiatrist that I shadowed him/her?
I did not do the optional diversity essay and I've already submitted my applications so it won't let me go back and do it. But yea, I didn't wanna do it anyway. As for the "shadowing/healthcare hours" you can still upload those files after you submit the app, but I just don't know what they want. I did put my shadowing experience under Supporting Information>Experiences so all of the schools should be able to see it. I don't see why they would need an extra document when there was already room for that elsewhere in the application.

Why do schools ask for resumes/shadowing/personal statement documents when you should have uploaded all that stuff already in the main application?

This application isn't the most straightforward. I'm just gonna submit everything they ask even if I'm repeating myself

How do we enter AP courses? It says to identify them in transcript review...but I can't figure out how to add them to them to my transcript

Ah, nevermind. Got this from the search button
A: Please enter your AP credits under the first semester attended at the post-secondary institution where the AP credit was awarded. You will enter the test name and subject in the course title and prefix fields and the grade will be CR for credit. Please be sure to add the correct number of credit hours for the AP exam. AACPMAS does not require a copy of the AP test score report.

I have shadowed physicians in the past for 25ish hours, but I have only been able to shadow a podiatrist for 4 hours. However, during this four hours I saw a lot of stuff. Do you think I should submit now as a current experience (because I plan on going back, just haven't found a date that works with her/my schedules) and explain how although it was four hours, it was extremely meaningful to me? Should I try and get the hour # up first? My stats seem to be right in line, but I'm not sure.

I have shadowed physicians in the past for 25ish hours, but I have only been able to shadow a podiatrist for 4 hours. However, during this four hours I saw a lot of stuff. Do you think I should submit now as a current experience (because I plan on going back, just haven't found a date that works with her/my schedules) and explain how although it was four hours, it was extremely meaningful to me? Should I try and get the hour # up first? My stats seem to be right in line, but I'm not sure.
I would just put it as ongoing and explain the one time you did shadow in detail like you said. I certainly wouldn't hold up the entire application just to wait on more shadowing hours.

So I guess letters of recommendation are optional for Arizona, but does anybody know the address we mail them to if we want to send them LORs?

I think you may have to call them and ask. Usually it's on their website though.
So I guess letters of recommendation are optional for Arizona, but does anybody know the address we mail them to if we want to send them LORs?

You the real MVP
Ah, nevermind. Got this from the search button
A: Please enter your AP credits under the first semester attended at the post-secondary institution where the AP credit was awarded. You will enter the test name and subject in the course title and prefix fields and the grade will be CR for credit. Please be sure to add the correct number of credit hours for the AP exam. AACPMAS does not require a copy of the AP test score report.

Based off this thread, it doesn't look like there'll be many applications. Or am I just saying that too early?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I submit the application without an MCAT score? lol
I'm taking the exam on the 22nd...but I want to speed up the verification process.

Can I submit the application without an MCAT score? lol
I'm taking the exam on the 22nd...but I want to speed up the verification process.

Yes, but from what I've heard, most schools won't look at your app until the score is in.

Midwestern University Office of AdmissionS 19555 N. 59th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85308

So where is everybody applying? I've got DMU, Arizona, and Temple on my list right now. Considering Scholl, but not sure yet

So where is everybody applying? I've got DMU, Arizona, and Temple on my list right now. Considering Scholl, but not sure yet
I'm applying to all of them, Muahahahahaha! But I'm pulling for Temple, Ohio, or Arizona. I'll try to schedule those three interviews first if possible.

Everywhere but California for me. Pushing for Kent and Scholl

Any particular reason people aren't applying in CA? Are the schools lower quality or something?
Really though, California's schools have at least been at the forefront of Vision 2015 and pushing for parity. They're at least making a real effort to get their education and training on par with the MD/DO schools. But what quality their schools are at this exact moment, I don't know.

http://www.amjorthopedics.com/fileadmin/qhi_archive/ArticlePDF/AJO/042030112.pdf

Yes, but from what I've heard, most schools won't look at your app until the score is in.

Got it, thanks! I think I'm just going to wait until everything's completed before sending in the application.