AACPMAS 2021-2022 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2026)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all! Does anyone know how long the Fourth year Clinical Rotations are? and do we get to choose the sites?

An externship can be from 4-5 weeks, and yes you get to choose them. The number of places you can extern at differs from one program to another.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
We are about a month away from the June 30th AACPMAS deadline. At this point, if you plan to submit an app, please get in touch with the program first and ask about seat availability. It is possible to be a part of the upcoming class still. Let us know if there is a question or a concern.
Good luck!
What's the latest you've seen someone apply and get accepted or even interviewed? I submitted it today and everything is there (MCAT, LOR, Transcripts). Break it to me gently, did I waste ~$500?

What's the latest you've seen someone apply and get accepted or even interviewed? I submitted it today and everything is there (MCAT, LOR, Transcripts). Break it to me gently, did I waste ~$500?

I thought you were already in a medical program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone planning to apply to UTRGV for EY 2022? Application just opened on June 10th through TMDSAS

Debating. I have no ties to TX except living in fort hood when my parents were there for military orders.

I know Texas is usually strict about residency requirements.
Is anyone planning to apply to UTRGV for EY 2022? Application just opened on June 10th through TMDSAS

Reactions: 1 user
Try to get out my Carib program. Idk how to change my signature lol. I made that forever ago. Technically I’m an MSII though
If you want to change your signature: Click on your username, then the username/setting icon, then signature.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 9.32.56 PM.png

You can PM me for the details if you would like, but there are many factors when applying to a Pod program from another. Hopefully, the schools you have already applied to will get back! GL!

If you want to change your signature: Click on your username, then the username/setting icon, then signature.

View attachment 356217

You can PM me for the details if you would like, but there are many factors when applying to a Pod program from another. Hopefully, the schools you have already applied to will get back! GL!
Thanks problem solved!! yeah I see but only one school asked about it so idk if me being in another program technically matters. I am fine with starting from first semester, I am not looking to transfer.

Fudging some numbers in a poor effort to avoid doxxing myself. Also note that I applied very late in the cycle.

1. GPA - both sub 3

I did do an SMP

2. MCAT Score >500

3. Nothing special. Standard stuff.

4. Applied everywhere except NY, Temple, and TX (not that TX counts...)

5. Rejected from Barry, and waiting on post-interview decision from Western. AZ has ghosted me so far. $5k for Kent 1st year, $10k renewable for CSPM with $5k first year, nothing for RFU or DMU. Edit: Western accepted me with a $5k scholarship.

6. DMU - I've heard very positive things on SDN's podiatry forums about clerkship preparation about DMU and AZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

I’ve 100% been lurking on here and every Reddit forum for pre-pod over the past year, just building up my anxiety for when I actually applied. So, I actually applied very late in the cycle to only 1 school: Scholl. Some backstory is that I’m from the same city Scholl is located in. I’m also a black female who grew up in an underserved area: low income family, 1st generation college student, things like that. I 100% talked about my connection with the community and how my and Scholl’s missions were the same. It’s my goal to give back to my community. Another thing, I worked to support myself in undergrad and had some other extracurricular which I’ll mention below. My stats are not the best but I had a pretty diverse profile and was very passionate about the school and program at RFU. I graduated with my Bachelor’s in May 2022. Seriously, if anyone finds this post and needs some encouragement to submit an application…do it! PM ne and I’ll try to help.

1. Cgpa- 3.1 Sgpa-2.85
2. MCAT 490
3. Podiatry Shadowing hours : 100 hours
Other experiences:
-Medical scribe-Scribe Trainer-Senior Ambassador at Scribe Company(HR)
-Medical-Theraputic Riding Center Volunteer
-President and Founder of Pre-Podiatry Society
-Co-Founder of a club that gave free meals to low-income students on my college campus
-MA in a podiatrist’s office

4. Applied to 1 program: RFU
5.Interviewed RFU
Accepted at : RFU

6: Attending: RFU

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Welcome to another year of the AACPMAS Application Cycle for the Class of 2026 :cool:

Like previous years, the purpose of this thread will be to ask/share any application-related questions and share your acceptance stats.

The School-specific threads (link below) are program-specific, so topics in these threads should only be about that program. I hope the current 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years from all of the 9 colleges will help future students (please introduce yourselves in your program's thread).
Feel free to post in the school-specific threads for your program to help out prospective students.

School-specific threads: Podiatry School-Specific Discussions
2020-2021 cycle & Acceptance Stats: AACPMAS 2020-2021 & Acceptance Stats (Class of 2025)
Acceptance Stats: Acceptance Stats for Class of 2024
Info about the Podiatry med school and the admissions process: Colleges - The American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM)

After receiving an acceptance, please post your stats below in a similar order:

1. GPAs (both cumulative & sci)

2. MCAT Score
3. Shadowing hours & ECs
4. # of programs applied to
5. Programs accepted to and if any Scholarships offered

6. Attending program

GOOD LUCK!!
1. cGPA: 3.62 sGPA: 3.59
2. MCAT: 507
3. Podiatry shadowing hours: ~40 hours
Other experiences:
I was in a 6 yr accelerated DPT out of the states so had a 1680-hour clinical rotation
4. KSUCPM
5. KSUCPM with 15K
6. KSUCPM

1. cGPA: 3.62 sGPA: 3.59
2. MCAT: 507
3. Podiatry shadowing hours: ~40 hours
Other experiences:
I was in a 6 yr accelerated DPT out of the states so had a 1680-hour clinical rotation
4. KSUCPM
5. KSUCPM with 15K
6. KSUCPM

Congrats. Amazing stats :cool: , good luck at Kent!

Hello everyone,

I’ve 100% been lurking on here and every Reddit forum for pre-pod over the past year, just building up my anxiety for when I actually applied. So, I actually applied very late in the cycle to only 1 school: Scholl. Some backstory is that I’m from the same city Scholl is located in. I’m also a black female who grew up in an underserved area: low income family, 1st generation college student, things like that. I 100% talked about my connection with the community and how my and Scholl’s missions were the same. It’s my goal to give back to my community. Another thing, I worked to support myself in undergrad and had some other extracurricular which I’ll mention below. My stats are not the best but I had a pretty diverse profile and was very passionate about the school and program at RFU. I graduated with my Bachelor’s in May 2022. Seriously, if anyone finds this post and needs some encouragement to submit an application…do it! PM ne and I’ll try to help.

1. Cgpa- 3.1 Sgpa-2.85
2. MCAT 490
3. Podiatry Shadowing hours : 100 hours
Other experiences:
-Medical scribe-Scribe Trainer-Senior Ambassador at Scribe Company(HR)
-Medical-Theraputic Riding Center Volunteer
-President and Founder of Pre-Podiatry Society
-Co-Founder of a club that gave free meals to low-income students on my college campus
-MA in a podiatrist’s office

4. Applied to 1 program: RFU
5.Interviewed RFU
Accepted at : RFU

6: Attending: RFU
Can I message you. I’m a young aspiring black female as well and I’m really worried about MCAT and just not being good enough

I am applying to western DPM this cycle to start fall of 2023. I was hoping I could share stats and experience to see if these are good enough to be a good candidate. Im URM CA resident
sgpa 3.1 (just finished an SMP in biomedical sciences 3.93 GPA so strong upward trend)
cgpa 3.2
MCAT 496 , im scheduled to retake in August, I really think I could do better
You're fine. Just make sure foot and ankle is what you want to do.

Don't do it for the clout.

I am applying to western DPM this cycle to start fall of 2023. I was hoping I could share stats and experience to see if these are good enough to be a good candidate. Im URM CA resident
sgpa 3.1 (just finished an SMP in biomedical sciences 3.93 GPA so strong upward trend)
cgpa 3.2
MCAT 496 , im scheduled to retake in August, I really think I could do better
Scribe 2000+ hrs for the past 3 years
Clinical experience ~870
Volunteer experience ~300 hrs
Surgical shadow 36 hrs
Podiatrist shadowing 40 hrs (ongoing as well)
Plus a ton of life experience (working as a server/bartender, I was a teen parent)
I was thinking of deferring for another year to work on more research and more shadowing for podiatry
Hello!

I am a second-year student here at Western. Your statistics look great and the amount of experience you have obtained is awesome. Western looks at many factors, in addition to statistics, to determine your acceptance. In one of your previous responses, it seems as though you have quite a passion for this field and that will definitely stand out as well. Feel free to message me if you have any questions regarding the application process or for more information about WesternU. Best of luck to you in this application process!