AADSAS application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinpredent

UCLA School of Dentistry
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So assuming you're not intending on applying to dental school for another year, would there be any consequence for creating a new account now to see what the application looks like? Or is it perhaps best to just wait until its actually time to fill it out?

I'm curious, i'd like to get a head start on filling that sucker out if I can get a chance.

Also...does anyone know anything about the USC Craniofacial Biology masters program?

Members don't see this ad.

bruinpredent said:
So assuming you're not intending on applying to dental school for another year, would there be any consequence for creating a new account now to see what the application looks like? Or is it perhaps best to just wait until its actually time to fill it out?

I'm curious, i'd like to get a head start on filling that sucker out if I can get a chance.

Hi,
Yes, you can go onto the AADSAS website and create an account which will allow you to access the application including the faq which has a ton of information for new applicants. Also it may be a good idea to fill out the essay/personal statement to get an idea of how much space you have. You can then save it and only do minor modifications to it when you do apply next year (could save some time).

Good luck.

Leeuwenhoek said:
Hi,
Yes, you can go onto the AADSAS website and create an account which will allow you to access the application including the faq which has a ton of information for new applicants. Also it may be a good idea to fill out the essay/personal statement to get an idea of how much space you have. You can then save it and only do minor modifications to it when you do apply next year (could save some time).

Good luck.

I had an account last year and as soon as the 2007 AADSAS opened I had to go back in and re-enter all my information- there is no way that it will "transfer" over (I even called them to ask).The cycle turns over every year and you have to go back through and re enter all your information, including all your classes- which can be a major pain. I wouldn't even bother entering those on your practice application.
That being said, I think it is a great idea to go onto the AADSAS website and make yourself an account just to see how it works. I would also recommend that you write your personal statement early and decide what exactly is going into each of the boxes on AADSAS- that way you can turn your application in early when you do apply and up your chances of getting in! GL

Members don't see this ad :)
pearlywhite said:
I had an account last year and as soon as the 2007 AADSAS opened I had to go back in and re-enter all my information- there is no way that it will "transfer" over (I even called them to ask).The cycle turns over every year and you have to go back through and re enter all your information, including all your classes- which can be a major pain. I wouldn't even bother entering those on your practice application.
That being said, I think it is a great idea to go onto the AADSAS website and make yourself an account just to see how it works. I would also recommend that you write your personal statement early and decide what exactly is going into each of the boxes on AADSAS- that way you can turn your application in early when you do apply and up your chances of getting in! GL

What I meant was that you would write the personal statement in the box and see what AADSAS would allow for space. Once appropriate, you would then copy it into MSWORD or some other program and save it for the following year. This will allow you to come back as often as necessary to make modifications until the next cycle.

Leeuwenhoek said:
What I meant was that you would write the personal statement in the box and see what AADSAS would allow for space. Once appropriate, you would then copy it into MSWORD or some other program and save it for the following year. This will allow you to come back as often as necessary to make modifications until the next cycle.

I knew what you meant and it was good advice! :) I was just trying to save her the pain of having to enter in 120 classes twice. From my own personal experience- it sucks.

thanks for the reply guys, i really appreciate it.

btw, pearlywhite...i hate to break it to you, but i'm a guy. i guess my posts aren't masculine sounding enough or something...haha

bruinpredent said:
thanks for the reply guys, i really appreciate it.

btw, pearlywhite...i hate to break it to you, but i'm a guy. i guess my posts aren't masculine sounding enough or something...haha

Ah! Sorry. Good luck MAN!

Just another piece of advice.

A lot of the volunteer and other tables you fill out can be cut and pasted into word. I found that helpful cause I did what you are about to do. And at times, I didn't want to rewrite all the crap I had written stating what I did in this organization or what I did when I volunteered at this office, so I had it in a word file and could cut and paste it back in without worrying about # of characters cause it already was edited to the right character length.