AADSAS education interruption question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayden28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The following question requires a yes or no on the AADSAS. If yes, I need to provide an application.

"Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?"

During my first year, my grades were fairly poor. My average in my first term was 69 and in my second term, it was 70. I was dealing with the deaths of two very close family members and it took quite a toll on my academic performance. Additionally, I had a physical health setback (stomach ulcers) for which I had to attend doctors appointments and take medications for. I'm wondering if I should include this information on my application. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself. I know I should've tried harder to stay on top of everything. I also didn't do anything at the time to deal with my grief. I didn't seek counselling services or scale back on my course load. I didn't even know I could until much later and by then it was far too late to apply for academic grievance. I'm not sure if there's any value in saying yes to the question above and explaining all of this if I don't have any professionals (counselors or doctors) that could attest to my poor performance having to do with grief and my health.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone else applying, as well!! :)

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

BTW, since then, I have shown a very strong upward trend. My cGPA is currently sitting at a 3.7.

i believe the question is regarding if there was a semester you were not enrolled in school due to these reasons or had to take time off from school because of these interruptions

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe the question is regarding if there was a semester you were not enrolled in school due to these reasons or had to take time off from school because of these interruptions

But the question reads whether your education has been "affected adversely". Wouldn't this include any serious factors that led to academic deficiencies? ie/ health, grief, financial, etc. (outside of slacking or just not trying hard enough)? Or am I interpreting this question incorrectly :s

oooh maybe your right. its a confusing questiono_O

Hey everyone,

The following question requires a yes or no on the AADSAS. If yes, I need to provide an application.

"Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?"

During my first year, my grades were fairly poor. My average in my first term was 69 and in my second term, it was 70. I was dealing with the deaths of two very close family members and it took quite a toll on my academic performance. Additionally, I had a physical health setback (stomach ulcers) for which I had to attend doctors appointments and take medications for. I'm wondering if I should include this information on my application. I'm not trying to make excuses for myself. I know I should've tried harder to stay on top of everything. I also didn't do anything at the time to deal with my grief. I didn't seek counselling services or scale back on my course load. I didn't even know I could until much later and by then it was far too late to apply for academic grievance. I'm not sure if there's any value in saying yes to the question above and explaining all of this if I don't have any professionals (counselors or doctors) that could attest to my poor performance having to do with grief and my health.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone else applying, as well!! :)

Thanks so much.

More value than not explaining. You already wrote your explanation here, so just edit and copy/paste. Also, heh, 69...

Reactions: 1 user