AADSAS GPA Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muggs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I followed the ADEA AADSAS 2013 GPA Calculations Guide (which you can google and it will be the fourth link) and am confused about something.

For the Science GPA calculation, it says... "Science GPA: All undergraduate courses identified on your transcript as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math and Other Science is used in computing this GPA."

1. What is Other Science?

2. Also, if i took Economic Statistics, and it's in the Econ department, it does not get counted as Math, and therefore doesn't get calculated in the Science GPA, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Im on my phone so i cant find it for you, but there is a course designation PDF on aadsas if you google your question. I believe any statistics course, regardless of the department counts as science.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a two course sequence in the econ department at my school, one course was "Probability and Statistics" the other was "Econometrics", AADSAS counted the former as other science and the latter as non-science.

This is what is provided when filling out your coursework.

Edit: sorry didn't realize someone already posted this in the thread

Attachments

• ADEA AADSAS Course Subjects.pdf
    97.7 KB · Views: 148