Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AADSAS GPA vs Transcript GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by t12kim, Apr 15, 2004.

1. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I haven't applied yet, so i do not know, but i think i heard from someone that +or - do not count in AADSAS? is that true?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RaiderNation

RaiderNation Recently Reinstated
    7+ Year Member

they do count. in fact, on your aadsas gpa, A+'s will actually count as a 4.33 instead of a 4.0. So if you were lucky enough to go to a school that gives A+'s, you're in for a treat. Last semester I had a 98% in one class and a 98.7% in the other, but only received A's. Oh well, asi es la vida.

4. gatorfan99

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    They have it both ways: with the +/- and without on your final "yellow sheet".

By the way, I dont like the way they do their "Science GPA". I'm an engineering major so at least 80% of my classes are science class. Yet my "Science GPA" just accounts for the gen and org chem, physics, biochem (the notorious pre-req.s).. I actually did bad on some of these class and I did really good on most of my other science classes (especially thermo1&2, 2 As!)

gatorfan.

5. bryan45876

bryan45876 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm pretty sure that the AADSAS calculated "Science GPA" will include all of your engineering classes as well as the "notorious pre-reqs." I'm also an engineering major and I looked into that a month or so ago.