AADSAS Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxwelltheDentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since in the Creighton dental school website, it says that all applicants should have at least earn a B in their college courses, what happens if you have some Cs in your college courses would I still be eligible for enrollment? My uGPA is 2.83 overall, 2.81 science. My grad gpa is a 3.1 overall, 3.23 science and BCP. My DATs are 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Since in the Creighton dental school website, it says that all applicants should have at least earn a B in their college courses, what happens if you have some Cs in your college courses would I still be eligible for enrollment? My uGPA is 2.83 overall, 2.81 science. My grad gpa is a 3.1 overall, 3.23 science and BCP. My DATs are 18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT.

To be brutally honest with you:

You will not get into dental school with those stats. Your undergrad GPA is incredibly low already and you did yourself no favors by having such a low grad GPA (unless I misunderstood you and you meant that your grad school courses brought your overall GPA, aka your undergrad + grad, to a 3.1). Your DAT is at the national average but below average for many dental schools.

I know this doesn't specifically answer your question about Creighton, but there's a lot you need to do to become a competitive applicant for any school.

Reactions: 1 user
To be brutally honest with you:

You will not get into dental school with those stats. Your undergrad GPA is incredibly low already and you did yourself no favors by having such a low grad GPA (unless I misunderstood you and you meant that your grad school courses brought your overall GPA, aka your undergrad + grad, to a 3.1). Your DAT is at the national average but below average for many dental schools.

I know this doesn't specifically answer your question about Creighton, but there's a lot you need to do to become a competitive applicant for any school.
my combined grad and undergrad is a 2.9. I had only one interview with those stats and its from Meharry way back in the beginning of October.

Members don't see this ad :)
my combined grad and undergrad is a 2.9.

Yeah unfortunately that isn't going to cut it for dental school admissions. You'd need atleast a 24+ AA to even have schools look at your application and you'd need some very good extracurriculars (work experience in the dental field, shadowing, volunteering, etc) to supplement it.

Usually people who have low undergrad GPAs go into grad school with the mindset that they need to get 4.0s every semester to make up for that GPA. Unfortunately you don't have that upward trend to help you.

There are a lot of people who have been in somewhat similar positions as you (low GPA, but applied to schools) who will probably have better insight than me, but just from the cases ive seen on SDN so far, your app is gonna need a lot of work

Reactions: 2 users
my combined grad and undergrad is a 2.9. I had only one interview with those stats and its from Meharry way back in the beginning of October.

That's great that you were still given an interview! If there's one thing that you can really improve the quickest, it's that DAT score. Your GPA is probably not going to budge mutch at this point

That's great that you were still given an interview! If there's one thing that you can really improve the quickest, it's that DAT score. Your GPA is probably not going to budge mutch at this point
my science sections are a 22. and it says on the Creighton website that if u do not have at least a 17 in the AA, TS, and PAT subsections your application will be denied if you do not rewrite the DAT. My AA is an 18, TS is a 19, PAT is a 19.

my science sections are a 22. and it says on the Creighton website that if u do not have at least a 17 in the AA, TS, and PAT subsections your application will be denied if you do not rewrite the DAT. My AA is an 18, TS is a 19, PAT is a 19.
How is your science sections are 22 but TS is 19?
also, I agree that on their website they said that, but that is like a preliminary process to filter out applicant.
Yes, your stats pass the screening process, ROUND 1.
But with your stats still, it is a little low for acceptance average which makes your chance a little slim.

How is your science sections are 22 but TS is 19?
also, I agree that on their website they said that, but that is like a preliminary process to filter out applicant.
Yes, your stats pass the screening process, ROUND 1.
But with your stats still, it is a little low for acceptance average which makes your chance a little slim.

Probably has a super low QR

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores are a little low and I think you should retake the DAT!
Anyways is it still possible? I hate having the fact to retake the DATs....I meet the requirements in regards to my DAT scores but my gpa is a hurdle. My cumulative gpa is a 2.9 combined grad and undergrad. Since Diane Travis said that the minimum cumulative gpa has to be at least a 3.0 or your application would not be reviewed. In regards to my gpa, i do not meet the requirements. But anyways is it still possible? What can I do to make myself eligible for Creighton?

Anyways is it still possible? I hate having the fact to retake the DATs....I meet the requirements in regards to my DAT scores but my gpa is a hurdle. My cumulative gpa is a 2.9 combined grad and undergrad. Since Diane Travis said that the minimum cumulative gpa has to be at least a 3.0 or your application would not be reviewed. In regards to my gpa, i do not meet the requirements. But anyways is it still possible? What can I do to make myself eligible for Creighton?

Even with a stellar DAT score (23+ AA), your chances of getting an acceptance would still be low because of that low undergrad GPA and more importantly, that subpar graduate GPA.

With your current DAT score, I'd be surprised if you even got an interview to be brutally honest

Even with a stellar DAT score (23+ AA), your chances of getting an acceptance would still be low because of that low undergrad GPA and more importantly, that subpar graduate GPA.

With your current DAT score, I'd be surprised if you even got an interview to be brutally honest
What can I do?

What can I do?

You've put yourself in a precarious position..I really don't know if you have a lot of options

The best way would be to retake the DAT and crush it, and find a way to raise your GPA by taking more classes. That would mean spending even more time and money, so it all depends on how badly you want to pursue dentistry

I had only one interview so far and it's from Meharry.

What can I do?

I had only one interview so far and it's from Meharry.

Wait and see if you get into Meharry. You might!

What can you do? Retake the DAT. I'm usually the type to say don't retake. Plenty of people get in with 18, 19, 20. But you have a 15RC. That's way too low and one of the most important sections (indicator of student success while in dental school).

Why is your grad low? Did you major in something you didn't find interesting? Was it too difficult? Just curious.

In the meantime, I would aim for a second Masters. Try one of the MBS programs. You can also apply for PhD programs and try again in the future. This way, if it doesn't work out, you can fall back on the PhD. I've met a few PhDs in my interviews and I hear many end up matriculating.

Wait and see if you get into Meharry. You might!

What can you do? Retake the DAT. I'm usually the type to say don't retake. Plenty of people get in with 18, 19, 20. But you have a 15RC. That's way too low and one of the most important sections (indicator of student success while in dental school).

Why is your grad low? Did you major in something you didn't find interesting? Was it too difficult? Just curious.

In the meantime, I would aim for a second Masters. Try one of the MBS programs. You can also apply for PhD programs and try again in the future. This way, if it doesn't work out, you can fall back on the PhD. I've met a few PhDs in my interviews and I hear many end up matriculating.
I know about 2 ppl got interviewed to UDM dental school with a 15 RC. One guy's name on sdn is @Beccaluvdental and @KoonS. My masters is at ODU and it was a difficult masters program for grad students.

I know about 2 ppl got interviewed to UDM dental school with a 15 RC. One guy's name on sdn is @Beccaluvdental and @KoonS. My masters is at ODU and it was a difficult masters program for grad students.

I mean, I'm sure there are a good number of applicants who can get in with a 15 RC, but you have to look into the context. Did those applicants also similarly have a sub 3.0 GPA?

I mean, I'm sure there are a good number of applicants who can get in with a 15 RC, but you have to look into the context. Did those applicants also similarly have a sub 3.0 GPA?
I know one with a 3.2 science gpa with a 15 RC.

I know one with a 3.2 science gpa with a 15 RC.

And you know this for a fact? Just because they got an interview doesn't mean they'll get accepted. Regardless, that's not someone you want to model yourself after because all you're setting yourself up for is dissapointment.

Work hard, improve your stats, and you'll have a better shot at getting accepted. That beats putting all your eggs into one basket and praying for the one school that interviewed you to give you admission

And you know this for a fact? Just because they got an interview doesn't mean they'll get accepted. Regardless, that's not someone you want to model yourself after because all you're setting yourself up for is dissapointment.

Work hard, improve your stats, and you'll have a better shot at getting accepted. That beats putting all your eggs into one basket and praying for the one school that interviewed you to give you admission
@Beccaluvdental got accepted to UDM with a 15 RC.

@Beccaluvdental got accepted to UDM with a 15 RC.

I feel like you're trying really hard to justify your current GPA and DAT while at the same time asking for advice.

If all you're looking for is validation with those stats, this is the wrong place to look for it.

Just repeating what everyone else has said: if you really want this, retake the DAT and get a 23+. Build up your real world experience. And if all that fails and you're still super committed to this field, find another way to bump that GPA up by excelling in science classes.

Reactions: 4 users
It's nice to be optimistic, but you got to be realistic here...stop being ignorant and heed the advice of others listed above.
We want to help you, and sure there're probably others who got into dental school with worse stats (I even made a thread about someone getting into dental school with an 12 AA), but you need to realize that those are extreme cases. I highly doubt you can do the same..
You have a really subpar GPA, a somewhat decent DAT (but do understand your RC of 15 doesn't meet the cutoff for many schools), and we know nothing about your extracurriculars.

Your chances are not zero, but they are extremely slim. You need to boost your GPA and DAT to give yourself a better chance.
Your best and easiest way to boost your chances? Retake DAT and aim for a 24AA+.
I hate to say it but, if you have money and time, certainly consider grad school again.

Regardless, best of luck~!

I even made a thread about someone getting into dental school with an 12 AA

I realize ppl have different backgrounds and life experiences that can make up for stats but that really bothers me. That's exceedingly low.

As for the actual topic, nothing to add DAT->Work/dental experiences->more courses (SMP?)

I have a decent personal statement on AADSAS application and 1610 hrs of ECs, as well as good LORs.

LOL. I had 3 interviews and they never mentioned my low RC during the interview. One of the interviewer said my REC was the best letters he had ever read, this probably the reason i got interviews.
My sGPA 3.25 oGPA 3.4 (last 4 semesters with 3.7+)

Last edited:
On top of what everyone else says, realize that Creighton has 2,000+ applicants each year so it would be tough to stand out with those stats.

You should retake the DAT to bring your application to a more competitive level. The GPA you cant do anything about that anymore. If you have time and interest you should start to do research. You would be surprised how far that would take you in the process and the long run.

Just want to say, 15 RC ISN'T EVERYTHING, although I admit the low RC killed my chances at my dream schools. If you really want to compare to me, do you have 23AA? 3.7+ GPA? First author publications?

Please stop focusing on grades or asking people around if you can get in with your stats, because everyone is different and no one really knows which part of your application would attract the admission committee. Also, I think people have already told you clearly that you should retake DAT and take more graduate courses. It's your choice to listen or not, and I guess the best thing you can do is to wait for more interviews, perform well during the interview, and prepare for the next cycle if you don't get any luck this cycle. Last but not least, please don't point me out anymore. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users
I have faith.. but my advice would be to plan your next year as a strong back up for the next cycle. A full year of straight As would look great.. retaking the DAT would really help.

I spent two years after college fixing my application, feel free to pm me! What someone said above is true.. GPA barely moves anymore hahaha.. but there are tons of options - feel free to reach out.