AADSAS Grading System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

montag925

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently attend a college that does not give A+. For example, at my school
4.0 = A
3.7 = A-
3.3 = B+
3.0 = B

This being the case, I am wondering how I should enter my grades. If I enter them as they appear on my transcript, then I will not have any A+'s, thus lowering my overall GPA. I appreciate any help that I can get.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, are Calculus and Statistics classified as other science or non science courses? Thank you

Also, are Calculus and Statistics classified as other science or non science courses? Thank you

When u r in the section just look for the instructions to this section link u will c a list of the courses there that count as... or .... so an so forth

Members don't see this ad :)
I currently attend a college that does not give A+. For example, at my school
4.0 = A
3.7 = A-
3.3 = B+
3.0 = B

This being the case, I am wondering how I should enter my grades. If I enter them as they appear on my transcript, then I will not have any A+'s, thus lowering my overall GPA. I appreciate any help that I can get.

There is nothing you can do about it, although I do feel like AADSAS is not fair regarding this matter as well.

my university is like that too, I was told by someone who applied last year from my school that your grade is the same aadsas grade

There is nothing you can do about it, although I do feel like AADSAS is not fair regarding this matter as well.

Yep. I think schools eventually look at our exact grades though. One A+ is given out of hundreds to thousands of students, your not missing out.

Yep. I think schools eventually look at our exact grades though. One A+ is given out of hundreds to thousands of students, your not missing out.

Right. Especially since not all teachers will give out A+ even if they have the access to, so it all balances out in the end.

in the end, what matters?, the GPA calculated on my transcript from my university or the GPA that they derive.

in the end, what matters?, the GPA calculated on my transcript from my university or the GPA that they derive.

The adcom is going to look at both, I think. At one of my interviews I saw them look at my official transcripts from my university as well as my AADSAS. They will first look at your AADSAS, then if they want to investigate further, they may see your university transcript GPA.