AADSAS opens very soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEC029

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's tomorrow right? May 15. Anybody know what time tho?

What's your plan?
As soon as it opens, Go to the AADSAS website and begin register, login, and filling out stuff???

Members don't see this ad.

i'll crap if its actually up tomorrow, its usually "the 15th or later":D

i'll crap if its actually up tomorrow, its usually "the 15th or later":D

oh so we don't even know the exact date and AADSAS is encouraging everyone to do it asap when it opens?
wow AADSAS is great.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh so we don't even know the exact date and AADSAS is encouraging everyone to do it asap when it opens?
wow AADSAS is great.:thumbup:

get used to it, standard operating procedure....who knows, it could be up by the 15th, but then again it may not.....i remember one time when it was like 2 weeks late opening...i think they were pretty good about it last yr though:cool:

I don't think it's the end of the world if it doesn't open on the 15th....lol...there's plenty of time

HRM.

well at least for me. as soon as AADSAS is open....i'm going to.

1. fill out as much as i can on the application (minus the transcript grade info because final grades come out on may 21st for me :( )

2. print out the transcript matching form and head over to the transcript department and have it sent to aadsas (does anybody know the address to send by the way? there are always multiple addresses and i get confused)

3. print out the LRC matching form and give it to my letter of recommendors ( wanna try out the new online matching form thingy but..i dont know how that's going to work so i'll just play on the safe side)

4. and as soon as the final grades for this semester comes out, i''ll enter it into the application process, then send it, and pay for it of course...

5. study for DAT exam for this summer..purchase DAT destroyer and i'm good to go *thumbs up*

6. i think i'm set?!!

anyone doing it this way?

HRM.

1. fill out as much as i can on the application (minus the transcript grade info because final grades come out on may 21st for me :( )

2. print out the transcript matching form and head over to the transcript department and have it sent to aadsas (does anybody know the address to send by the way? there are always multiple addresses and i get confused)

3. print out the LRC matching form and give it to my letter of recommendors ( wanna try out the new online matching form thingy but..i dont know how that's going to work so i'll just play on the safe side)

4. and as soon as the final grades for this semester comes out, i''ll enter it into the application process, then send it, and pay for it of course...

5. study for DAT exam for this summer..purchase DAT destroyer and i'm good to go *thumbs up*

6. i think i'm set?!!

Yeah same here,
I'll be applying around may 20th, I'll have everything (LOR, grades, personal statement, etc) besides DAT. When are you taking yours? I scheduled mine for 7/20. I want to have at least 1.5 months to study hardcore. GL!!

HRM.

6. i think i'm set?!!

exactly the thing to do

Good luck everyone.

Filling out AADSAS really is aweful.

Take the time though...if you mess something up it is a very serious thing and will hold you up.

Tomorrow marks the beginning for many of you where time seems to pass very slowly....

aadsas....welcome to the beginning of hell.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
You will learn that the schools you apply to through the AADSAS website isnt updated very often and that will make you mad:mad:

14 hours and 40 minutes left....

It's tomorrow right? May 15. Anybody know what time tho?

What's your plan?
As soon as it opens, Go to the AADSAS website and begin register, login, and filling out stuff???

I have official transcrips from all colleges sitting at home from past 2 weeks...as soon as i register on aadsas tomorrow i am printing matching forms for transcripts & mailing them tomorrow...because theytake forever to process those transcripts... my summer grades are posted now but i got my transcript before the grades came out. but doesnt matter i will update grades on aadsas once the transcripts are processed...didnt wanted to wait till the grades come out.

I have official transcrips from all colleges sitting at home from past 2 weeks...as soon as i register on aadsas tomorrow i am printing matching forms for transcripts & mailing them tomorrow...because theytake forever to process those transcripts... my summer grades are posted now but i got my transcript before the grades came out. but doesnt matter i will update grades on aadsas once the transcripts are processed...didnt wanted to wait till the grades come out.

u have to have your transcripts sent directly from each school....the transcript matching form must be attached to the transcript and the transcript must be in an officially sealed envelope from each college...u need to send the matching form to each school and have them send it to aadsas

|To Clarify|

When the application for '08 cycle there is a window of time, May 15th to June something'th, that you have to complete your application before AADSAS sends out the first round of applications. What i'm trying to clarify is, does it matter whether you send you application May 15th or June something'th regarding being in the first applications sent out?

Next.

The letter of recommendatin matching form is merely a conveniance item for those at AADSAS, correct? What i've done is had all my LOR writers sign the seal of the envelope containing the letter and i'll send all the LOR's at the same time to AADSAS.

And finally.

Since schools don't consider your application complete until they have your DAT scores, is mid-July on the late side of writing/taking the DAT regarding the ever so popular advice of sending your application in early?

hey guys i'm alittle lost....does aadsas want a transcript from each institution you attended or just form the institution you got ur undergrad degree from?

Transcript from each school you've attended

So I get the transcript matching form and send to the schools I've attended then they will send the transcrit to AADSAS for me? I believe that's how it works, but I may be wrong.
Scott

So I get the transcript matching form and send to the schools I've attended then they will send the transcrit to AADSAS for me? I believe that's how it works, but I may be wrong.
Scott

Yup, last year I just went into the transcript office of my school and handed them the aadsas matching form and they did all the rest.

Any grade that contributed to your GPA and will be put in the AADSAS application to compute your GPA has to have transcripts to verify it...from what I understand

What if we moved and the previous school we attended was in a different state then we currently reside in? Do you have to personally drop it off or can we mail it?

What if we moved and the previous school we attended was in a different state then we currently reside in? Do you have to personally drop it off or can we mail it?

You can mail it in.
I've attended several schools and I mailed the matching forms to those schools. AADSAS got all of the forms in a timely manner.

Your transcripts must come DIRECTLY from the university. They will not accept anything otherwise.

Mstoothlady2012 - since you have your transcripts at home it will help you fill out your courses and grades. but you cant mail those copies in.

|To Clarify|

When the application for '08 cycle there is a window of time, May 15th to June something'th, that you have to complete your application before AADSAS sends out the first round of applications. What i'm trying to clarify is, does it matter whether you send you application May 15th or June something'th regarding being in the first applications sent out?

Next.

The letter of recommendatin matching form is merely a conveniance item for those at AADSAS, correct? What i've done is had all my LOR writers sign the seal of the envelope containing the letter and i'll send all the LOR's at the same time to AADSAS.

And finally.

Since schools don't consider your application complete until they have your DAT scores, is mid-July on the late side of writing/taking the DAT regarding the ever so popular advice of sending your application in early?

those are the same questions that i have. except for the LRC's, i would do what your going to do so you'll avoid the risk of getting some of your LRC's lost in the mail. I am also taking my DAT mid July. i know it takes couple weeks for it to be sent out to the schools...i'm worried? Also, does anybody know when the first round of applications are going to be sent out exactly?
My final grades come out on May 21st so that's when i can enter my coursework info to complete my aadsas application ..so i'll prob send it by end of May?

Anyone know what is the link to start the application for AADSAS. I know the website but where exactly on the website. I went to ADEA.org and I saw an icon in the bottom right that says join ADEA and then it says start dental school application. When I clicked on it, it returned me back to the first page. Is this the right way? I called the AADSAS and they said it starts sometime today.

Anyone know what is the link to start the application for AADSAS. I know the website but where exactly on the website. I went to ADEA.org and I saw an icon in the bottom right that says join ADEA and then it says start dental school application. When I clicked on it, it returned me back to the first page. Is this the right way? I called the AADSAS and they said it starts sometime today.
The AADSAS 2008 application will be available on May 15, 2007 after 3:00 pm, EST.

https://aadsas.adea.org/

https://aadsas.adea.org/

Do we need to send in transcripts from study abroad programs if these courses did not contrubute to our GPA but did exempt us from introductory courses in college?
Thanks,

Dan

|To Clarify|

Next.

And finally.

I would be careful about this...if aadsas doesn't have your app ready to go in the first batch, you won't go in the first batch. The earlier the better. Remember that aadsas prints out material and physically sends it to schools along with giving schools electronic access. If you submit on may 29th and aadsas sends out the first mailings june 1st, you will not be in the first mailing!

The stress on this thread is so thick you could cut it with a knife!

Ask around and you will find that the majority of people who got into dental school did not submit their application on day 1. Heck, most probably didn't even submit theirs during May. I submitted my application in June, took the DAT August 22nd, and now I will be starting d-school this fall.

They lied. Now it's 4:00PM. Hmmm... I wonder what they are doing with the website.

I would be careful about this...if aadsas doesn't have your app ready to go in the first batch, you won't go in the first batch. The earlier the better. Remember that aadsas prints out material and physically sends it to schools along with giving schools electronic access. If you submit on may 29th and aadsas sends out the first mailings june 1st, you will not be in the first mailing!

first mailing last year was june 30 just to let you all know..i don't know the latest you can submit to be sent out in the first batch...

The stress on this thread is so thick you could cut it with a knife!

Ask around and you will find that the majority of people who got into dental school did not submit their application on day 1. Heck, most probably didn't even submit theirs during May. I submitted my application in June, took the DAT August 22nd, and now I will be starting d-school this fall.

I can feel it. This stress is only going to get worse.

I took the DAT June 29th, and submitted my application July 4th, and it wasn't mailed out until August 6th. I am going to d-school this fall as well. so if you dont submit your application today you are going to be fine, but dont wait until September.

10 more mins!

haha i can't believe it's been a year since i went through all of this craziness...good luck everyone

Do we need to send in transcripts from study abroad programs if these courses did not contrubute to our GPA but did exempt us from introductory courses in college?
Thanks,

Dan
Anyone know the answer to this?

I think I know why I didn't get accepted last year...I never felt this nervous about the AADSAS application opening. Why didn't I get this nervous last summer? I took my time and applied in June, when I was actually able to apply in May. Anyways...it's past 4pm, and I'm constantly refreshing the website now...anyone else? :cool:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It's up? :eek: You kidding, right?

Don't get me excited...it's not up for me yet...why? :confused:

how is it uup?? on my page it still says it opens after 4...where do i have to go to open it? im freaking out over here lol

This sux, my registrar office closes today at 445, and ive been sitting all day waiting to print these stupid matching forms and now i'll have to wait another day

I went to the website which is adea.org but there are so many icons. I cannot find the icon that says 2008 cycle applicants or something. Does anyone know what does it say to start the application process?

I went to the website which is adea.org but there are so many icons. I cannot find the icon that says 2008 cycle applicants or something. Does anyone know what does it say to start the application process?

I'm on this one... http://www.adea.org/DAS/AADSAS/default.htm
Looking at the second bullet to link myself in... I THINK this is the right one... :)