Aadsas question forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stop polluting the board. Post your AADSAS questions here. Maybe it will stay at the top, maybe it will get buried but post the questions HERE :D

Compilation:
-----------------------------------
1. Question: from masterlocke18
Sorry to post another application question, but hopefully someone can help me out. I took one class in high school through a community college. This 3 credit course is now on my transcript. Do I need to request a transcript from the community college for this one class?

Also, for AP credits do you put CR for the grade? Or what?

Thanks!!

Answer from viaspiga
Yes , you do need that transcript mailed to AADSAS.

2. Question from jjjjjeeeeefffff
Can anyone help me with the loe matching forms.
so i have all my letters of rec stored in a data base at UCLA (its very similar to interfolio). So what am i supposed to do? do i take these matching forms and take it to UCLA and tell them to put these forms in when they send it to aadsas? im just confused with this LOE portion... help anyone??

No Answer

3. Question from amali
Is anyone else having trouble e-submitting? When I click pay by credit card, it just opens up a window saying page not found...

Answer from Doc Smile
What Browser are you using? Sometimes these pay-secure sites need microsoft explorer

4. Question from destinedsirius
Hi All,

I shadowed a dentist a while back during my undergrad for so and so hours. After I graduated, I started working for him as an assistant (not certified, just suction, sterilize, clean, and x-rays etc.) On my application, I know there is a place to put dental experience and another place for work experience.

Since as an assistant, I get paid, should I put that under my work experience and the shadowing and volunteering I did before I graduated under dental experience?

Should the hours spent shadowing be separate from the hours working as assistant on my application?

Thanks

Answer from evanyou
I have same experience. I shadowed and worked later when DA was on the break.
I would separate them.

Answer from jeffity
Private practice is usually more hesitant to let you get all up in their business. Non-profits/public clinics are nicer about it.

He has you doing x-rays? I don't know that I'd be letting someone who isn't x-ray certified taking x-rays. It's not legal around here...yet I know it goes on.

5. Question from soccer2220
If I have been working only during the summers for the past three years, what do I enter for average hours/week on AADSAS? Is it the average hours/week when I was working or average hours in the entire time elapsed?

Also, what program do we need to use to download the matching forms for the transcript and recommendation letters?

Answer from 4thMolar
It would make more sense to put average hours of work you did during the time period that you actually worked.

I don't remember ever having to use a program to dl the transcript matching forms. I do remember having trouble at first, but then I just switched to another browser and it worked. For the LOEs, if you are doing it electronically, you can submit your evaluator's email address and AADSAS will send them an email with instructions on how to upload it.

Answer from Jeffity
If you're referring to the index.cgi it is downloading, just rename it to a .pdf. If that doesn't work, use a different browser.

6. Question from qkchen
i was wondering about putting up the number of credits for courses completed at schools on semester system and quarter system. for the quarter system, should we have converted the quarter hours into semester hours or leave it as it appears on the transcript (in quarter hour form).

also, what if you went to an undergrad school that used 0.5 credits for half-year courses and 1.0 credits for full-year courses?

i will have to call AADSAS. any insights much appreciated.

Answer
Unanswered

7. Question from jhanago
so I have just picked up model car building and i wouldnt know to call it PROFICIENT but im still adding it but...

i do only a little work on my car when it needs it. like DIY from the internet work every now and then. Does that count?

Answer from Rainee
I would only add things you feel comfortable discussing. Most of the time, no one really cares about your Manual Dexterity so you could put anything there; however, sometimes your interviewer maybe a pro car tune-up dude and it will be sorta awkward not knowing your stuff...when you did list it

8. Qurstion from jhanago
So I want to create an alternate email account since my real email is childish and such. If I make my new email, and have all the messages forwarded to my old email... will they be able to see my old email? I.E.

Old email - [email protected]

new email - [email protected]

If AADSAS sends email to the new, and it gets forwarded to the old. will there be anyway they can see the old through any means?

Answer from wizi
If you just forward your new emails to old one, there is noway they can find out. Dont worry.

Answer from Doc toothache
No, I don't think they can. I have an email account as an alumnus of my university that I use, and it gets forwarded to my gmail account. There isn't any way that I know of that the sender can see your old email account, unless you reply within that account.

Answer from 7 Iron
No way for them to know. But you might want to consider retiring the childish account sometime soon.

8. Question from fightingillini1
On my school transcript, ACT and AP credit is labeled as PS = Pass. For test-based credit.

Would I label the credit on AADSAS as PASS or as CR (credit) or NG (no grade)?

Answer
None

9. Question from Benman44
Hey guys, just wanted opinions on this years cycle. Im filling out my stuff now and still have to work on my personal statement and resume. was figuring I could work on those during the 2-4 weeks it takes to get the transcripts sent over and all that. So the questions are these

1) if i start now and turn it in in 2-4 weeks is that later than i should be?
2) also is there a way to speed up the 2-4 weeks by faxing like a post said earlier? If so how do i get them the transfer sheet to attach? Just ask them to look it up themselves and print it out?

Thanks all!

Answer from Doc Smile
They wont mail the first batch of apps until June 26th-ish. Submit before then and you are on par with the people hitting submit today

Answer from 4thMolar
1) You'll be fine if you submit within the next 2-4 weeks.

2) Just go ahead and print out the transcript matching forms and have your Registrar mail your transcripts to AADSAS. By the time you finish your application, AADSAS should be receiving your transcripts. You have to be sure to e-submit though before AADSAS can verify your transcript. There's no point of having the school fax AADSAS your transcript if you aren't ready to e-submit.

10. Question from qkchen
hi, i am wondering if you have to fill in the additional information (marked by the *) on your transcript matching form by hand; for example, "dates of attendance". i tried to type directly into the pdf file but no text would show up. i realize this is a weird question. thanks

Answer from Pat Kelly
I was wondering about this too, can anyone clarify? I thought they just want the bar code for processing purposes. Does this mean we have to sign on the forms as well?

Answer from FightingIllini1
If I were you I would print it out, fill it out in pen, and either by hand submit it to your Office of Registrar, or scan it and fax it to your schools/office of registrar. Hope this helps. GL

Answer from 4thMolar
I remember I printed it out last cycle and just filled in the blanks by pen. No problems with that.

11. Question from Dentaldylan
My question is about filling out part of the volunteer part of my application. I have worked as a translator for some immigrants from India since I can speak Punjabi fluently; however, I met these people through my church or people my parents know. How would I go putting this into my application since it is not an organization and there was no supervisor.

Answer from kevinlawton
I have a similar question, except I tutored little kids in my neighbor since all the neighbors knew each other and I was the oldest kid in the area so I offered to help out since they were like family to me

12. Question from Kobebucsfan
I entered coursework for all semesters so far, and this summer (on june 23rd) i will take orgo 2 lecture. but when i try to Create a new semester all it sayd are , Fall, Spring, Summer I and II. But this will be my 3rd summer semester

Answer from Maygyver
No. Some schools break up their summer semester into 2 sections, so they can offer more courses. You will just mark summer. I think that's what you're getting at. This isn't your third summer semester, this is your summer semester...unless your school some how does split it into 3 sections, then I guess just call AADSAS.

13. Question from qkchen
hi all,

i don't know if this has been asked before and i apologize if it has, but my question pertains to the "term taken" for completed coursework. specifically, i attended my undergrad in Canada where we had full-year classes, meaning you start in september and the class ends in june. so the question is, do i count this as fall term (when class started) or winter term (when class ended).

the class title appears in both terms on the transcript, but the course grade only appears in the winter term when the class ended.

i have called AADSAS but no one was there to pick up and i will try again. but if anyone has any insights they'd like to share, it would be much appreciated. thanks very muc

Answer from Bill murray
Hmm.. I would either mark the terms as semesters, then split the hours up evenly and give the same grade for each term OR list each course individually with the terms as units--but this option seems pretty tediou

14. Question from Double Bonded
I'm wondering how important it is to enter non-required information. When applying to university and job positions, I only entered in required information and non-required information that I thought would be pertinent and/or beneficial to my application. I usually don't fill in all of the peripheral non-required things.

My take on it was that the longer the application, the less interest the reader will have and the more diluted the important content is.

When filling out the AADSAS application, I'm seeing a lot of non-required things like disadvantaged status, race, ethnicity, parental and family information, etc...is my application going to be hurt by not filling them in?

Answer from maygyver
Fill out everything that is pertinent to you. Don't fill out disadvantaged if you aren't, but I would fill out parental information, and ethnicity (it won't hurt, but it won't help, it's just more data for them to use when they list acceptances to ADEA).

15. Question from berkguy
Hey guys,

Is there anywhere in the AADSAS application where you can indicate having minored in something? For example, I majored in Biology, but I have two minors (Spanish and Music). Will I be able to input these minors anywhere?

Thanks!

Answer from sap1622
bump. I was looking for the same thing. Pre-med major with biology minor...

Answer from maygyver
Academic enrichment is where I placed mine.

Answer from pennywisdom
As far as the AADSAS goes, minors are not important.

Answer from DrRoyal Pains
I called them last month asking this question. They said you don't place it on your application. The adcoms will see it on your transcript.

16. Question from viaspiga
I am applying second time this year. I was wondering if any actions should be taken regarding DAT scores or they will be received automatically by AADSAS? Thank you.

Answer
none

17. Question from Randy822
I understand it goes under Dentistry/Shadowing Experience, but it asks for Supervisor, Position Title, Type of Dentistry Observed, and a brief description. What am I expected to put under these categories? I have about 8 of them to list: UOP, MWU, UNLV, 4 UCLA, and LLU. I also have 4 other experiences, thus I would need 12 spots total (limit 10), but I can merge the UCLA CE courses.

Answer from jeffity
I'm just guessing, but maybe just put the school name or something. Or if it was the ASDA committee that put the event on, put the name of the chairperson. I think they'll understand why you may not have a name for these events.

If you have old confirmation emails from them, see if you actually got correspondence from a real person (not just a receipt) and see what title he/she holds. Maybe that will do as well.

Although those fields are required, I think what matters is what it was and your description. While someone could make up shadowing experience, it's not likely they'll want a supervisor to follow up with from these courses.

18. Question from stevesteve121
Hi,

Does any one have experience with how the electronic vs paper reference format works?

Paper is pretty straight forward but

My question is that for the electric, does the evaluator upload a Word Document? or does he/she have to scan the physical letter and attach an Image File?

The latter is more hassle for the evaluators so im just trying to decide which way to go here.

thanks!

Answer from stevesteve121
nm just called them.

word document

Answer from unknown111
PDF files are always a safe bet

19. Question from hallasan
I am a reapplicant this year. Much of last year's data is stored, including coursework and colleges attended. However I cannot modify or print transcript matching forms from the old data. Also I cannot delete it either. So I can only create new entries(which are actually the same as the old, and now are duplicated) to be able to update last year's course work or print TMFs.

Anyone figure this one out? I am not sure what to do.

Thanks.

Answer from jeffity
Maybe if it's stored and locked that means it's verified and AADSAS doesn't want you to touch it. They're saving you time and it saves them time.

Maybe give them a jingle.

Answer from herkulease
read the faq

they locked it so you can't touch it. so they won't waste time reverifying those.

they tell you if you happen to take more classes at School A, just add school A like its a new school then add more classes.

http://www.adea.org/dental_education...pplicants.aspx

Answer from jntm46
You cannot add or modify any coursework that has been reported since last cycle. If you took more classes from a school that you already listed last time, you will have to add that school again (which will show up as a duplicate) and add the new classes you took. If you're still not sure just click this link about re-applicants

http://www.adea.org/dental_education...pplicants.aspx

Q: My coursework information from last cycle is locked. How do I update it?

A: All imported information is locked so our staff knows what coursework we already verified from last year. If you need to add additional coursework for a school you had listed last year, you must add the school a second time in the institutions attended section and add the coursework under the second entry. This will also give you access to the transcript request form. You must then delete planned/in-progress work you had listed last cycle and renter these courses as completed.
Q: Can I add new coursework to a previously listed college?
A: No. If you are a previously verified applicant and wish to enter additional coursework other than what is currently listed on your application, you must add the new institution in your "Colleges and Universities Attended" section, even if it is an institution already listed in your application. Once you enter the institution, you will then be able to add any coursework that has become complete since your application was verified during the previous cycle.

Answer from hallasan
Thank you so much. What a wonderful answer!

20. Question from basra89
I have a question regarding re-applicant LOR's. Is it ok to resend the same letters of LOR's? The reason I'm asking is because last cycle I applied super super late (October). Based on hear-say, I don't think that my file was even opened. So is it okay to resend the same LOR. Does the personal statement work the same way? I also took the DATs last year and the scored were ok.. So if i reapply this summer can I just put in the same scores as last year, but indicate somewhere that I'm to take the test all over (mid July). Any help will greatly be appreciated!!

Answer from indo386boi
Based on my experience,
I had 2 of the same LOR and another 2 different ones
For personal statement,
I did minor modification to match with my current situation
For DAT,
Tell the schools that you gonna retake
Then fax the unofficial score to them, so that they can process you app
Good Luck

Answer from mr24
Same. Except all of my lor were the same.

Answer from glo1984
It was highly recommended that if you were to reapply, you should get each individual who initially wrote the letter to update the date so it doesn't appear old. This is just one extra step that shows you aren't taking anything for granted. Is it really necessary? I don't know.

You can't input any DAT information therefore anything you've already completed will show up in AADSAS. If you tell schools you are retaking the DAT, they MAY delay processing your application but who knows. I would aim to take it as soon as possible and fax them your unofficial score report. I would also contact the dean of admissions either before or after the new DAT with appropriate verbiage.

21. Question from OU11BB
For those who unfortunately have to fill out aadsas again, are you sticking with your guns and filling in the blanks as the time before? Obviously...coursework, degrees and other things may be added, but I am more concerned with Personal statement and some of the other questions. Does anyone know if the dental schools frown upon reapplicants putting the same information down the 2nd time around if nothing has really change. Thanks

Answer from mr24
I put the same exact thing and schools didn't seem to mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Starting to compile threads from earlier...

Question: from masterlocke18
Sorry to post another application question, but hopefully someone can help me out. I took one class in high school through a community college. This 3 credit course is now on my transcript. Do I need to request a transcript from the community college for this one class?

Thanks!!

Answer from viaspiga
Yes , you do need that transcript mailed to AADSAS.

Not sure about that

Question from jjjjjeeeeefffff
Can anyone help me with the loe matching forms.
so i have all my letters of rec stored in a data base at UCLA (its very similar to interfolio). So what am i supposed to do? do i take these matching forms and take it to UCLA and tell them to put these forms in when they send it to aadsas? im just confused with this LOE portion... help anyone??

No Answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having trouble e-submitting? When I click pay by credit card, it just opens up a window saying page not found...

What Browser are you using? Sometimes these pay-secure sites need microsoft explorer

Question from destinedsirius
Hi All,

I shadowed a dentist a while back during my undergrad for so and so hours. After I graduated, I started working for him as an assistant (not certified, just suction, sterilize, clean, and x-rays etc.) On my application, I know there is a place to put dental experience and another place for work experience.

Since as an assistant, I get paid, should I put that under my work experience and the shadowing and volunteering I did before I graduated under dental experience?

Should the hours spent shadowing be separate from the hours working as assistant on my application?

Thanks

Answer from evanyou
I have same experience. I shadowed and worked later when DA was on the break.
I would separate them.

Answer from jeffity
Private practice is usually more hesitant to let you get all up in their business. Non-profits/public clinics are nicer about it.

He has you doing x-rays? I don't know that I'd be letting someone who isn't x-ray certified taking x-rays. It's not legal around here...yet I know it goes on.

Question from soccer2220
If I have been working only during the summers for the past three years, what do I enter for average hours/week on AADSAS? Is it the average hours/week when I was working or average hours in the entire time elapsed?

Also, what program do we need to use to download the matching forms for the transcript and recommendation letters?

Answer from 4thMolar
It would make more sense to put average hours of work you did during the time period that you actually worked.

I don't remember ever having to use a program to dl the transcript matching forms. I do remember having trouble at first, but then I just switched to another browser and it worked. For the LOEs, if you are doing it electronically, you can submit your evaluator's email address and AADSAS will send them an email with instructions on how to upload it.

Answer from Jeffity
If you're referring to the index.cgi it is downloading, just rename it to a .pdf. If that doesn't work, use a different browser.

Question from qkchen
i was wondering about putting up the number of credits for courses completed at schools on semester system and quarter system. for the quarter system, should we have converted the quarter hours into semester hours or leave it as it appears on the transcript (in quarter hour form).

also, what if you went to an undergrad school that used 0.5 credits for half-year courses and 1.0 credits for full-year courses?

i will have to call AADSAS. any insights much appreciated.

Answer
Unanswered

Question from jhanago
so I have just picked up model car building and i wouldnt know to call it PROFICIENT but im still adding it but...

i do only a little work on my car when it needs it. like DIY from the internet work every now and then. Does that count?

Answer from Rainee
I would only add things you feel comfortable discussing. Most of the time, no one really cares about your Manual Dexterity so you could put anything there; however, sometimes your interviewer maybe a pro car tune-up dude and it will be sorta awkward not knowing your stuff...when you did list it

Qurstion from jhanago
So I want to create an alternate email account since my real email is childish and such. If I make my new email, and have all the messages forwarded to my old email... will they be able to see my old email? I.E.

Old email - [email protected]

new email - [email protected]

If AADSAS sends email to the new, and it gets forwarded to the old. will there be anyway they can see the old through any means?

Answer from wizi
If you just forward your new emails to old one, there is noway they can find out. Dont worry.

Answer from Doc toothache
No, I don't think they can. I have an email account as an alumnus of my university that I use, and it gets forwarded to my gmail account. There isn't any way that I know of that the sender can see your old email account, unless you reply within that account.

Answer from 7 Iron
No way for them to know. But you might want to consider retiring the childish account sometime soon.

Question from fightingillini1
On my school transcript, ACT and AP credit is labeled as PS = Pass. For test-based credit.

Would I label the credit on AADSAS as PASS or as CR (credit) or NG (no grade)?

Answer
None

Question from Benman44
Hey guys, just wanted opinions on this years cycle. Im filling out my stuff now and still have to work on my personal statement and resume. was figuring I could work on those during the 2-4 weeks it takes to get the transcripts sent over and all that. So the questions are these

1) if i start now and turn it in in 2-4 weeks is that later than i should be?
2) also is there a way to speed up the 2-4 weeks by faxing like a post said earlier? If so how do i get them the transfer sheet to attach? Just ask them to look it up themselves and print it out?

Thanks all!

Answer from Doc Smile
They wont mail the first batch of apps until June 26th-ish. Submit before then and you are on par with the people hitting submit today

Answer from 4thMolar
1) You'll be fine if you submit within the next 2-4 weeks.

2) Just go ahead and print out the transcript matching forms and have your Registrar mail your transcripts to AADSAS. By the time you finish your application, AADSAS should be receiving your transcripts. You have to be sure to e-submit though before AADSAS can verify your transcript. There's no point of having the school fax AADSAS your transcript if you aren't ready to e-submit.

Question from qkchen
hi, i am wondering if you have to fill in the additional information (marked by the *) on your transcript matching form by hand; for example, "dates of attendance". i tried to type directly into the pdf file but no text would show up. i realize this is a weird question. thanks

Answer from Pat Kelly
I was wondering about this too, can anyone clarify? I thought they just want the bar code for processing purposes. Does this mean we have to sign on the forms as well?

Answer from FightingIllini1
If I were you I would print it out, fill it out in pen, and either by hand submit it to your Office of Registrar, or scan it and fax it to your schools/office of registrar. Hope this helps. GL

Answer from 4thMolar
I remember I printed it out last cycle and just filled in the blanks by pen. No problems with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question from Dentaldylan
My question is about filling out part of the volunteer part of my application. I have worked as a translator for some immigrants from India since I can speak Punjabi fluently; however, I met these people through my church or people my parents know. How would I go putting this into my application since it is not an organization and there was no supervisor.

Answer from kevinlawton
I have a similar question, except I tutored little kids in my neighbor since all the neighbors knew each other and I was the oldest kid in the area so I offered to help out since they were like family to me

Question from Kobebucsfan
I entered coursework for all semesters so far, and this summer (on june 23rd) i will take orgo 2 lecture. but when i try to Create a new semester all it sayd are , Fall, Spring, Summer I and II. But this will be my 3rd summer semester

Answer from Maygyver
No. Some schools break up their summer semester into 2 sections, so they can offer more courses. You will just mark summer. I think that's what you're getting at. This isn't your third summer semester, this is your summer semester...unless your school some how does split it into 3 sections, then I guess just call AADSAS.

Question from qkchen
hi all,

i don't know if this has been asked before and i apologize if it has, but my question pertains to the "term taken" for completed coursework. specifically, i attended my undergrad in Canada where we had full-year classes, meaning you start in september and the class ends in june. so the question is, do i count this as fall term (when class started) or winter term (when class ended).

the class title appears in both terms on the transcript, but the course grade only appears in the winter term when the class ended.

i have called AADSAS but no one was there to pick up and i will try again. but if anyone has any insights they'd like to share, it would be much appreciated. thanks very muc

Answer from Bill murray
Hmm.. I would either mark the terms as semesters, then split the hours up evenly and give the same grade for each term OR list each course individually with the terms as units--but this option seems pretty tediou

Question from OU11BB
For those who unfortunately have to fill out aadsas again, are you sticking with your guns and filling in the blanks as the time before? Obviously...coursework, degrees and other things may be added, but I am more concerned with Personal statement and some of the other questions. Does anyone know if the dental schools frown upon reapplicants putting the same information down the 2nd time around if nothing has really change. Thanks

Answer from mr24
I put the same exact thing and schools didn't seem to mind.

AADSAS Question: Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance?

I was a little confused about this question because there was something I mentioned in my personal statement that greatly affected my grades my freshman year of college but I'm not sure if I'm suppsoed to mention that under this question?? That would mean I would have to modify my personal statement so that it wouldn't be redundant with this. If someone could please clarify! Thank you!

Any advice how to do this would be of great help

Where should I list AP credits if I took college classes over summers before I took AP classes?
My unofficial transcript lists them at the top, between my major/degree and academic standing.

question: under listing all of the course titles, it says to do so EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT. However, there seems to be a lot of abbreviations on my unofficial transcript, but should I write out the full title?

i.e. unofficial transcript says: FAM+CONSMR PRSNL FINANCE

So should I instead write: Family and Consumer Personal Finance????

question: under listing all of the course titles, it says to do so EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT. However, there seems to be a lot of abbreviations on my unofficial transcript, but should I write out the full title?

i.e. unofficial transcript says: FAM+CONSMR PRSNL FINANCE

So should I instead write: Family and Consumer Personal Finance????

I had a lot of course abbreviations as well, but I just listed it on AADSAS exactly as my transcript had it and had no problem.

I have a question.

UConn's supplemental section says to submit the application fee AND Dat scores. What does this mean? I thought the DAT scores were flown in automatically onto our applications? Did anyone call UConn and ask?

Ive got a question on LOEs.

If all my evaluators are submitting LOEs electronically, does that mean that I do not need to print out a matching form for them to complete and send in?

Ive got a question on LOEs.

If all my evaluators are submitting LOEs electronically, does that mean that I do not need to print out a matching form for them to complete and send in?

I would do it just in case. Do they still need to send a paper copy?

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this was asked previously, if so i apologize! For volunteer work such as habitat for humanity that you do monthly or a few times per semester, how would you fill out average hours weekly? Each event is about 8 hours long and I have done about 7 of them, spanning over the last 3 years.

Thanks!

Nolany

I would do it just in case. Do they still need to send a paper copy?

nope, they dont. i think that if they turn it in electronically then the matching form is done online for them maybe? Because I cannot access it anywhere.

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this was asked previously, if so i apologize! For volunteer work such as habitat for humanity that you do monthly or a few times per semester, how would you fill out average hours weekly? Each event is about 8 hours long and I have done about 7 of them, spanning over the last 3 years.

Thanks!

Nolany

Well... I dunno how you should do it...

But, technically speaking, you didn't volunteer for 3 years... you volunteered at 7 events (for a total of 55 hours). If you have to choose between 3 years vs 7 weeks, I'd go with 7 weeks with 8 hours a piece.

I'm not 100% certain which classes I'll be taking next fall and spring. Should I just write down anything that I think I might be taking? What if I end up taking classes that are different from what I write?

Anyone have any advice on my question I posted yesterday? Or would I not be able to list that

Is it a good idea to add a high school job on application? I worked at that specific job up until I started undergrad.

Also, If I shadowed 3 different general dentists how should I list my supervisor?

Any advice how to do this would be of great help

Put your church and church coordinator as the organization and supervisor respectively

Great job with creating this thread! I really like how organized it is!!!

Just for the record its not a program. Its just people I met at my Temple whose English was extremely poor, so I offered to help out when they went to the bank or were applying for health insurance. Would that change how I fill it in at all?

question: when i am listing classes, do I have to list the classes that I plan to take until I graduate? I don't really have any more pre-req classes to take (maybe except for microbio or physiology but I plan to take those ONLY IF i get accepted to the schools that require it)...so do I have to fill out 3 extra quarters of random classes that I'm not even 100% sure I will take?

Great job with creating this thread! I really like how organized it is!!!

You're welcome. After my last final in 7 hours and 40 minutes I will update the original post with all the new equestrians.

First of, thank you for making this thread!

I have a question though!
For example, I took Biol 200 in term 1 of the winter session of the 2009.
Our school has trimester system.
In my transcript, it shows up that it was taken in 2009 Winter in Term 1

So how do I list it?
Do I make separate terms? Like term 1 and 2 for 2009?
Or do I just make 1 term saying for 2009 Winter and then list all these courses?

Thanks a ton!

I have a couple dentistry experiences planned for the upcoming months. Doyou think it's appropriate for me to list these and write TBD for the sectionsI'm unable to answer at this time (ex. Supervisor name and duties performed)?

For the section that asks about whether my education was interrupted/affected adversely, would it be appropriate to talk about a family member's health-related problems? I wasn't going to mention it but it seems that people use this section to also talk about grandparents who have passed away. The illness did affect my education one particular year but I never missed school because of it. It was more like I was distracted by it and spent a lot of time at home during the weekends because of it.
How in detail do they want it?
I feel bad going on and on about it because it makes it seem like a pity story but I don't want to leave it vague either.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hi, can't seem to understand how to calculate/obtain the ADEA AADSAS Grade. Do we simply follow the Numeric Grading Scheme in the additional instructions section? For instance, a percent mark of 80 is worth an ADEA AADSAS Grade of B?

Thanks!

Awesome thread! Thanks for making this. My question has kind of been asked elsewhere on the forum but I haven't really seen a good answer. I took my DAT last August and at that time only sent my scores to the 5 schools I knew FOR SURE I would be applying to. Now that I'm filling out AADSAS, it seems like your scores just get sent wherever you apply at no extra cost. Is this the case, or do I need to specifically go back and pay to have my scores sent to the rest of the schools I've recently decided to apply to?

What time does the application open for first time applicants? Is it midnight of June 2 (like 11:59 of June 1) or sometime in the morning of the second?