AADSAS server down?

Started by oassis74
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oassis74

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going to find out my status but then i couldn't access to AADSAS website. Is it just me? I have been trying since last night but it still doesn't work. Can anybody access to AADSAS okay now? (Eastern time: Sunday, Dec 2. @3:30pm) Thank you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
funny......sometimes this board sounds like an AA or support group😀

hey it's a joke.

CHEERS!

yeah, i couldn't access my account either.

RICEMAN
 
ditto, i didn't have any interviews yet so i dunno how much would have changed but stili i woudl like to see esp. since peolpe are getting creighton acceptances w/o interviews...eekkk maybe that could be me too?

hmm if only aadsas lets me see...
 
maybe someone didn't pay their aadsas fee? i paid mine, fess up somebody
 
Thats what you get when there's no competition, crappy service.
 
Thats what you get when there's no competition, crappy service.

It's true.

During this application cycle, my committee LOR package ended up missing couple of pages for EVERY SINGLE school I applied. I then called AADSAS to ask them to resend my LOR and they REFUSED. 😡

I am just so glad I dont have to deal with this anymore.
 
If we have been accepted to a school do we even have to use or update the service????
 
Yes, we paid so much money to AADSAS and at the end we have to deal with the schools one on one. Anyway, the crapy service is totally down so just keep on checking to see if it works.😎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really know why everyone is bashing AADSAS so much? I am from Canada and I think this service is excellent. Here we have to do all this b/s work on our own. Including filling out forms for GPA calculations and each proff has to fill out different letters and this and that. AADSAS saves a LOT OF TIME! I applied to only 4 Canadian schools, but mind you this took soooo much more time to do and I would rather pay AADSAS to do it for me and keep me updated. Otherwise i'd be stressing with school and having to do the applications for each individual school.

Although the service does mess up a tad, it is expected. I am just thankful that there is such a service out there. Can you picture yourself doing these applications to all those schools on your own?

Yikes!..

Just a thought.
 
If we have been accepted to a school do we even have to use or update the service????
USC said they suggest you contact the school directly. you could go through AADSAS, but any info you send them (transcripts etc) could get delayed or misplaced/misdelivered and USC won't be responsible- they could drop you if they dont get stuff on time.
 
Is anyone still unable to access the AADSAS website? I haven't been able to go to the site since Saturday.
 
I thought about that actually... some uber 1337 hacker predent student decided to take down the server - in any case it sucks
 
Yes, it truly sucks, just tried to access it and nothing. I hope that everything is ok, guys. 👎
 
The other possibility is that there is a rush of people trying to access the ADEA site to find out their status.
 
I think the problem is the domain name. The web browser cannot find which IP address it's supposed to connect to. If someone knew the IP address maybe they could view the page
 
I just called ... they said "the server would be up by the close of business today" which is about 4:30pm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I go to that page, it says "invited for interview" for one school and the rest are blank even though I had five interviews. Does that mean I was rejected by all of them?
 
When I go to that page, it says "invited for interview" for one school and the rest are blank even though I had five interviews. Does that mean I was rejected by all of them?

Well, not neccesarily.

Some schools dont use AADSAS so you wouldnt really know until your letter of acceptance get to you either by mail or email.
 
what about pitt, howard, UDM, or BU? Are they also known for not using aadsas or does a blank status after months just mean they still haven't gotten to my application?
 
Pitt was via "offer made" on AADSAS, and Rose called quite a few people (i didn't get a call tho). the letter/packet's in the mail.