AADSAS Shadowing Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DentAspire22

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am applying this upcoming cycle and working on consolidating my experiences for the application.

I was a student-athlete and I didn't have time to consistently shadow a dentist for X amount of hours each week for X weeks. I mainly shadowed over summers and when I was home for breaks. How would I put this into the AADSAS app?

For example, one dentist I shadowed some in January 2023 then whenever I was home for breaks up until March 2025. Would I just do the math and make it 112 weeks for about 1.1 hours per week? Or should I make each range its own experience?

Thank you for the help!