AAFP list of residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I will be in DO school.

It seems like a really small amount of FP residencies, at least in Florida.

Sorry, you didn't say that you wanted to know about DO programs.

If I'm not mistaken, the programs on the AAFP site are all either MD or MD/DO dual residency programs. I don't believe they list the DO-only programs.

You can do a search of the DO-only programs here.

Yes, I will be in DO school.

It seems like a really small amount of FP residencies, at least in Florida.

If you are going to do FP, you shouldn't have any problem getting into either allopathic or osteopathic programs. However, if you apply to both, you will get into an osteopathic program because our match is before the allopathic match, and every DO who applies for osteo FM pretty much gets a spot unless they are an axe-murderer. There doesn't seem to be any hope of combining the matches anytime soon, despite our best efforts. That's why the AOA's refusal to combine the matches is seriously shooting DO residency programs in the foot. But I digress. You will have time to learn all these wonderful things as the years progress.

Unless you are hell-bent on staying osteopathic all the way through, you will have a lot more options for FM if you open yourself up to checking out allopathic programs as well.

I am definitely open to both. I am attending a DO school. I am more interested in the type of residency rather than whether it is DO or MD. I am just looking for FP with OB, and only found one in Florida on that AAFP site. Thanks for posting the DO site. I will check it, too.