AAMC 10 vs Real Thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took AAMC and I am fairly happy with my score. I was wondering if people generally found this test similar to the most recent administrations.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 10: 15PS 11VR 14BS, no essay
May 25th exam: 14PS 11VR 14BS, T

In my particular case, it was accurate. Good luck :luck:

The Physical Sciences section on my May 25th exam was exceedingly difficult, but maybe there was a good curve or something because I still ended up with a good score.

AAMC 10: 15PS 11VR 14BS, no essay
May 25th exam: 14PS 11VR 14BS, T

In my particular case, it was accurate. Good luck :luck:

The Physical Sciences section on my May 25th exam was exceedingly difficult, but maybe there was a good curve or something because I still ended up with a good score.

Congrats on that score! Oh and I LOVE the avatar.

haha... surprised you can see the bullet holes. These avatars are so damn small. I couldn't do it with the CBT though, since monitors are expensive. :laugh:

Good luck, and I hope you get the score you're shooting for! AAMC 10 was on the high end of my practice score range for me as well, and so was my real test! So things should be looking up for you :luck:

Keep in mind the real test is much harder than AAMC 10, but if you fight through it and keep your cool, you will perform just as well or better.

Members don't see this ad :)
somewhat opposite case for me...

AAMC 10: P12, V8, B11
Real: P13, V10, B12

Although I do agree with the above poster that the real MCAT was harder...don't know how I pulled off that 10 in verbal, but hey, things happen. Just keep your cool on test day, and you will be fine...good luck! :thumbup:

AAMC 10 PS 12, VR 10, BS 11
Real PS 15, VR 10, BS 12

Except for the PS which I think I was mad lucky, AAMC 10 looks like a good indicator like everyone says. Although the real thing felt a lot harder, the outcomes are similar.

Damn, you guys have some nice scores. I HOPE I can pull that off in time. Scratch that, I should believe in myself, I know I'll get those scores in time.

AAMC 10: 10/8/13 (PS/VR/BS)

Real May 25th: 13/6?!/10 (PS/VR/BS)

Yea, it was a decent predictor overall, except I messed up VR on the real deal. I think I was just pissed from the PS section, thinking I didnt even break double digits, haha. Looks like PS was my best section...

AAMC 10: 10-VR, 11-PS, 13-BS

Real thing: 11-VR, 13-PS, 14-BS (May 25th)

The PS on the real thing DEFINITELY harder than on AAMC 10 - it tested all of my trouble areas. But as you can see, thankfully (and surprisingly) I made it out safely :)