Aamc 3r-6r

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback. I'm hoping to get at least a 35 on the real thing and I'm taking it on April 5.

So far I've taken the following practice exams.

AAMC 3R: 33 (10, 12, 11)
AAMC 4R: 31 (10, 11, 10)
AAMC 5R: 32 (11, 10, 11)
AAMC 6R: 35 (11, 11, 13)

Is it realistic to get a higher score on the real thing that the average of your practices?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Those are amazing scores. Keep it up! You seem to be doing much better than me based on the MCAT Q board.

Looking for some feedback. I'm hoping to get at least a 35 on the real thing and I'm taking it on April 5.

AAMC 3R: 33
AAMC 4R: 31
AAMC 5R: 32
AAMC 6R: 35

Is it realistic to get a higher score on the real thing that the average of your practices?

Amazing, did you take a practice exam each day or one every two days?

AAMC 3R: 33
AAMC 4R: 31
AAMC 5R: 32
AAMC 6R: 35

Great scores...Keep it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great scores. I still haven't taken a practice test since last January when I took AAMC 3 and got a 25 before studying with TPRH. You are doing well. Some people, as self-reported, seem to score either higher or lower than their average. Just search through the threads; especially the thread for AAMC 10 and 11. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I hope it works out on the real thing.

Amazing, did you take a practice exam each day or one every two days?

I did 3R, 4R, 5R and 6R every other day. So 3R, review day, 4R, review day, etc.

I'm going to start doing them every 3 days now though. So I did 6R on Sunday (yesterday) and I will do 7R on Wednesday, then 8R on Saturday, etc.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I hope it works out on the real thing.

I did 3R, 4R, 5R and 6R every other day. So 3R, review day, 4R, review day, etc.

I'm going to start doing them every 3 days now though. So I did 6R on Sunday (yesterday) and I will do 7R on Wednesday, then 8R on Saturday, etc.
When are you taking the mcat? Can you post on the 30+ thread after receiving your score so you can fill us in on how you prepare? I am assuming you will break 30+ based on your practice test score...

Make sure you take at least 3-4 CBTs. I wouldn't underestimate this change since it could alter your test taking strategy. Not to mention it's always good to get used to the format and what you'll see on test day. Also, I'd take 9-11 within the last weekish of your schedule while leaving the day before your test open.

So I'd suggest something like the below which is pretty close to what you're doing.

March 28: Take AAMC CBT #9
29: Review AAMC #9
30: Break
31: Take AAMC CBT #10
April 1: Review AAMC #10
2: Take AAMC CBT #11
3: Review AAMC #11
4: Break

Make sure you take at least 3-4 CBTs. I wouldn't underestimate this change since it could alter your test taking strategy. Not to mention it's always good to get used to the format and what you'll see on test day. Also, I'd take 9-11 within the last weekish of your schedule while leaving the day before your test open.

So I'd suggest something like the below which is pretty close to what you're doing.

March 28: Take AAMC CBT #9
29: Review AAMC #9
30: Break
31: Take AAMC CBT #10
April 1: Review AAMC #10
2: Take AAMC CBT #11
3: Review AAMC #11
4: Break

Yea that is actually exactly what I am doing. I actually also kind of modified 3R-6R to be similar length and format (number of passage & discretes) to the CBTs. Thank you for chiming in, it makes me more confident in my plan!

When are you taking the mcat? Can you post on the 30+ thread after receiving your score so you can fill us in on how you prepare? I am assuming you will break 30+ based on your practice test score...

I'm taking it on April 5. I certainly hope I will be above 30 (I need to be) and If I do manage above a 30 I will definitely post in there. This is a retake for me; I got a 28 the last time around.

I'm taking it on April 5. I certainly hope I will be above 30 (I need to be) and If I do manage above a 30 I will definitely post in there. This is a retake for me; I got a 28 the last time around.

keep working at it dude from the looks of it I think you'll break 30 this time! :thumbup:

keep working at it dude from the looks of it I think you'll break 30 this time! :thumbup:

Thank you! I've noticed a few pretty serious weaknesses that will kill my score if the "hard" passage(s) on my MCAT happen to be those topics. Gotta work them out before test day.

Thank you! I've noticed a few pretty serious weaknesses that will kill my score if the "hard" passage(s) on my MCAT happen to be those topics. Gotta work them out before test day.

You've been killing it man, we're all routing for you. YOU GOT THIS.

Hell yes!
I think your score breakdowns would be helpful, b/c if you're scoring 14-15 in one sect but low in others, you might not be able to pull that off on test day. But if your score is even, you're likely do decently well.
My avg was 34.5 and i got a 38!!!
btw here are my scores:

3 34 14 10 10
4R 32 12 8 12
5R 37 13 12 12
6R 36 14 10 12
7R 36 14 10 12
8R 35 14 9 12
9 35 14 9 12
10 33 12 9 12
11 32 13 9 10

Actual mcat: 14/9/15 !!! (PS and VR were ~ avg, but bio>>avg!)
So you may come out thinking you didn't too well and then get a score higher than your max score!

My advice is don't be too stressed on test day. Treat it like a practice test, make sure you time yourself well. Just keep doing those practice tests and you'll be good to go.

Hell yes!
I think your score breakdowns would be helpful, b/c if you're scoring 14-15 in one sect but low in others, you might not be able to pull that off on test day. But if your score is even, you're likely do decently well.
My avg was 34.5 and i got a 38!!!
btw here are my scores:

3 34 14 10 10
4R 32 12 8 12
5R 37 13 12 12
6R 36 14 10 12
7R 36 14 10 12
8R 35 14 9 12
9 35 14 9 12
10 33 12 9 12
11 32 13 9 10

Actual mcat: 14/9/15 !!! (PS and VR were ~ avg, but bio>>avg!)
So you may come out thinking you didn't too well and then get a score higher than your max score!

My advice is don't be too stressed on test day. Treat it like a practice test, make sure you time yourself well. Just keep doing those practice tests and you'll be good to go.

My distribution has been about as even as can be. I haven't scored below a 10 thus far.

actual mcat: 14/9/15 !!! (ps and vr were ~ avg, but bio>>avg!)
so you may come out thinking you didn't too well and then get a score higher than your max score!

ridicu-awesome