AAMC 3R-Wierd or What??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambina01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished AAMC 3R and I thought the general consensus was that it was an easy exam, yet I did more poorly on this exam than on 5R? I did feel it was written in a very different style than 5R, but now I am demoralized by my low score and it has shot my confidence! :eek:

I took it to boost my confidence before the exam but now I'm not sure what to think!

If 3R and 4R are not truly reflective of the MCAT today, should I not bother spending any time on them and just focus on AAMC Exams 5-9? or focus just on AAMC 7-9 in the remaining month? I feel panicky now....

What does everyone think? :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, everyone says 3r is easier but the truth is that everyone is different. Maybe 3r played more to your weaknesses than it does with most people. The best thing is to go over everything you got wrong and make sure you understand those concepts and ideas.

As for what to focus on now, I've finished 3r and 4r so I'm going to work my way through the rest until the MCAT. The more practice the better and even exams that are "not representative" can help you if you take them as learning experiences and as a means to root out your weaknesses.

:luck:

Anastasis said:
Yeah, everyone says 3r is easier but the truth is that everyone is different. Maybe 3r played more to your weaknesses than it does with most people. The best thing is to go over everything you got wrong and make sure you understand those concepts and ideas.

As for what to focus on now, I've finished 3r and 4r so I'm going to work my way through the rest until the MCAT. The more practice the better and even exams that are "not representative" can help you if you take them as learning experiences and as a means to root out your weaknesses.

:luck:

I'm doing the exact same. We should be buddies. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I guess, I'll just try to review and move on..so much for a confidence boost!!

Members don't see this ad :)
bambina01 said:
I just finished AAMC 3R and I thought the general consensus was that it was an easy exam, yet I did more poorly on this exam than on 5R? I did feel it was written in a very different style than 5R, but now I am demoralized by my low score and it has shot my confidence! :eek:

I took it to boost my confidence before the exam but now I'm not sure what to think!

If 3R and 4R are not truly reflective of the MCAT today, should I not bother spending any time on them and just focus on AAMC Exams 5-9? or focus just on AAMC 7-9 in the remaining month? I feel panicky now....

What does everyone think? :idea:

I haven't taken 5R yet, but I didn't think 3R was as much a piece of cake as others here would make it out to be. To be fair, I have achieved my highest score to date (13 PS, 11 VR, 13BS) on 3R, but that's only 1 point higher than my score on 6R (12 PS, 12 VR, 12 BS) and most people regard 6R as more difficult than 3R.

Personally, I thought that the PS on 3R was very easy. The VR and BS sections, however, I thought were on par with other full-length exams (not just AAMC) that I have taken.

Good Luck,

Jota

i second that. 3R's PS was very easy for me (but then again, all i've had to compare it to is Kaplan's PS sections, which are ridiculously calculation-driven). VR and BS were on par with other tests i've taken though.

jota_jota said:
I haven't taken 5R yet, but I didn't think 3R was as much a piece of cake as others here would make it out to be. To be fair, I have achieved my highest score to date (13 PS, 11 VR, 13BS) on 3R, but that's only 1 point higher than my score on 6R (12 PS, 12 VR, 12 BS) and most people regard 6R as more difficult than 3R.

Personally, I thought that the PS on 3R was very easy. The VR and BS sections, however, I thought were on par with other full-length exams (not just AAMC) that I have taken.

Good Luck,

Jota