aamc 3r

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

KK82

Hi I just took the 3r and don't know how to convert the raw score into an mcat score(1-45). ca someone help?

also, can anyone tell me what they got on 3r and what they got on the real deal, or what they were getting on kaplan full lengths like FL 1, so i can kinda of gage where i am at and if 3r is predictive? thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

PM me and Ill send you the raw score conversions. I havent taken the mcat yet but i thought the 3R had the easiest PS and BS of the aamc practice tests but the verbal rocked me, that confucious passage imparticular...

gotgame83 said:
PM me and Ill send you the raw score conversions. I havent taken the mcat yet but i thought the 3R had the easiest PS and BS of the aamc practice tests but the verbal rocked me, that confucious passage imparticular...
Ah yes. Confucious says...You get a 12 on verbal. Silly philosopher.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took this 2 weeks ago. I thought 3R wasn't that bad, but I didn't think it was easy. My score breakdown was 12P, 10V, 12B, for a 34 total. While I was writing it, I did feel pretty good about most of the questions. But keep in mind that the curve for this test (posted on AAMC website) is much stricter since the questions were relatively easier compared to most other practice tests. So even though I got about a 68/77 or 69/77 on the BS and PS, they translated into scores of 12, whereas on Kaplan or Princeton Review tests those would've been more like 13s. Either way, it's good practice.

BrettBatchelor said:
Ah yes. Confucious says...You get a 12 on verbal. Silly philosopher.

LoL. A 12 on verbal would be nice, on that test i only got a 9 lol. I finished my test in the evening and after i scored it i called my mom, who saves every report card i ever got, and asked her to make sure i really got A's in english all those years. Hmm after my consistent 9's and occasional 10's i wonder if she had been paying my teachers off...

haha sorry guju, It was a hard fought with some lucky guesses 9 lol I dunno i just hate verbal because Im not sure if i am 100% correct. With PS and BS i have years of studying to help me but with verbal i just got so frustrated. Because even when I do well, like recently i have been doing 4 passages every nite prior to my studying, I have been getting around 1question wrong per section but it doesnt make me feel any better because for all I know it was an easy passage or luck.

In the begining i was scoring 10's on PS and 11's on BS. Now I am consistently scoring 11's and sometimes 12's on PS and generally 12's on BS. Its not very reassuring though because there are still so many topics that i am shakey on, it just seems like the aamc tests arent exploiting all my weaknesses yet, i sure hope the real mcat doesnt either.. OR i could stop being lazy, study crazily, bring all my weaknesses up, and stop worrying about what they give me test day...

Well its time for me listen to AO and then hit up some more physics, if anyone sees me sign on SDN in the next few hours send me a nasty PM saying how im gonna do horrible on the mcat...

3r is way too easy man. 4r is ludicrously easy. If you want to have an idea of where you are take aamc 6r, that test is a bi@$#tch, and far more representative. I took the MCAT's last August and was killed by the actual test, and was riding too high because of my scores on 3 and 4. I haven't taken 8 yet, but supposedly it's pretty accurate too. Not to burst your bubble, but it's best never to feel complacent. Always be aware! MCAT can test ANYTHING, so never be too sure of yourself.

Good luck friend, and hopefully we'll be gloating about our scores in October.

Man I took 3r and did horrible. I ddint start studying but just took it to see how I would do. I'm embarrased to even say my score becaseu everyone is saying it was easy. I think i should start hitting the books.

I got : PS 6
V 5

I didint take the biological sciences yet but I think I'm screwed. I got to stop sleeping and start studying!

rs76 said:
Man I took 3r and did horrible. I ddint start studying but just took it to see how I would do. I'm embarrased to even say my score becaseu everyone is saying it was easy. I think i should start hitting the books.

I got : PS 6
V 5

I didint take the biological sciences yet but I think I'm screwed. I got to stop sleeping and start studying!

no worries. i took aamc 3 a week ago and i got a 22. Im about a third done with studying so i have tons more review left.

Iceageheatwave said:
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
( ill be impressed if anyone on here gets that )

Harry Potter!!!!! :D

Haha...I am a big HP fan.

And, as it seems, also a huge dork.

challie2385 said:
Harry Potter!!!!! :D

Haha...I am a big HP fan.

And, as it seems, also a huge dork.

I guess I'm an even bigger dork, because I was trying to remember who said that in HP. I can't and it's bothering me. :D

safeflower said:
I guess I'm an even bigger dork, because I was trying to remember who said that in HP. I can't and it's bothering me. :D

LOL it's Mad-Eye Moody. Now I'm the*biggest* dork... and damn proud of it!
Can't wait for book 6!