Aamc 6r - Ugh!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, I did not like 6R. Didn't do bad on it, but I just really didn't like it in general. I thought some of the questions were really ill-worded, some answers I disagreed on (looking at you verbal), and some questions I wasn't sure whether I should be thinking from a physiological point of view or biological.

Members don't see this ad.

uggh
I just took 6R as well, and I thought it sucked
I did ok on it (10,11,10), but I thought those scores were very generous- i just couldn't seem to get a handle on either of the science passages- and i was on the edge of 9 for both of those sections
hope next week goes better!

Yeah.. I sincerely hope that wasn't a real MCAT otherwise people who took that test must've been pissed.

Some questions really pissed me off, like the one "What type of membrane can the drug be delivered through?"

a) Lipid
b) Lipid and Proteins
c) sjkhdfds
d) whatever

I chose lipids as the lowest common denominator, I mean.. it's not going to be passing through the damn proteins, but it's going to be passing through a membrane layer. But the reasoning was, "well, membranes have protein embedded on them too."

I thought that was grossly unfair of a question in terms that that is asking for a very specific makeup to an unspecific question and aren't we usually told to search for the most APPLICABLE answer?

And there were spelling errors and such. I thought it was sloppy. Then again, 8am kind of pisses me off too :-D

hey guys i took the test in april and i remember hating aamc 6, especially the verbal, i got a couple points lower on aamc 6 than teh real one so dont wrory about teh verbal it is alot harder. As for the sciences of all teh aamc tests, i think they are within a point of a real score, atleast for me, but verbal seems to vary alot go figure. good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree. the test was sloppy. there were a few bio questions that i thought were very poorly worded

also, verbal, couldnt finish (once again...guessed on 5)

physical science seemed fair.

breakdown: 12 PS, 10 VR, 12 BS. on each section, i was one question short of getting one more point!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

oh well. on the real test, we'll never know what we missed anyways.

I got 11V, 10P, 11B. But I barely made an 11 on the bio section. I found Bio the hardest due to the O Chem, even though that's my strong point. And the physics was harder than it seemed. I was just getting lots of easy questions wrong because I took it at midnight. I wouldn't recommend doing that.

orgo was harder than expected.
wtf is up with the bio question about diastolic pressure. technically all of the answers were incorrect.
and the questions about which effects oxygenation of blood.
and how many times do they want to ask how what atomic mass represents.
what a bunch of *****s. :rolleyes:

i just took it and got 11 PS, 12 VR, 9 BS, that friggin 9 is really bugging me since I've been trying to study my ochem, but the memorization isn't working out - I absolutely hate this section, but I was 1 question away from getting a 10, not that would instill any kind of confidence in me though. Any advice on last minute ochem preperation would be appreciated! Thanks!

I just took it, got one point lower then the 5 one, but I actually thought 6R was easier then most of the other practice exams I've been taking.
All I want this saturday is a 29. I wonder if I'll even get that.
Oh yeah, I got a V9 (lowest 9), B11 (highest 11), P12 (lowest 12).

Currently on lunch hour of 6R:
-PS so much easier than before, finished 18 minutes early
-Verbal was going well until Frankenstein and literary criticism passages. Just barely finished on time after rushing at the end

6r: >=12P,8V,12B

4 and 5 (not r): ~ >=12P,10-11V,12B

Second half of verbal was killer; 12 mistakes in 2 passages took me from 10-11 range down to a 8. I just hope that doesn't happen on the real thing

Orgo was harder but you just have to ignore the extra scheme details

Originally posted by sgilani
orgo was harder than expected.
wtf is up with the bio question about diastolic pressure. technically all of the answers were incorrect.
and the questions about which effects oxygenation of blood.
and how many times do they want to ask how what atomic mass represents.
what a bunch of *****s. :rolleyes:

This question pissed me off too. Well, the answer choices did. I think they made a typo. I stared at that question until all 4 chambers of my heart started contracting and relaxing at the same time.

HA! All you Kaplan people better have gotten that systolic/diastolic question right! It's right there in the book ;-)

36 3R
29 4R
34 5R
11 ON PS AND 10 IN BS ON THE 6R

I GUESS ITS A TOSS UP FOR SATURADY