AAMC Admissions Report for Adcoms - February release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3toedsloth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard some murmurings about a report that goes out to MD Adcoms in February about acceptances.

I apologize if these questions have been answered previously, but some things are unclear. I'd appreciate if you all can share what you know or if you can point me in the right direction to find answers, as my search didn't fully answer my questions. :)

A few things that I would like to know about this report include:
  • What exactly do the Adcoms see, and under what conditions?
  • Can all schools I applied to (including those where I have not interviewed, where I am waitlisted, or where the answer is still TBD) see my information?
  • How is this information used by Adcoms/why is the report made?
  • Can schools I have been accepted see acceptances I have declined/which I am holding?
  • Can they see where I have been waitlisted or invited to interview?
Thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

IIRC:

In the feb report, they are told where else their admits are accepted. They are not told anything about their waitlisted, interviewed, or rejected candidates, only about their admitted candidates. They also are not told about their admit's interviews, waitlists or rejects elsewhere, only about where else has accepted them.

I think the purpose is to help make plans about yield and/or recruitment. If you're state school XYZ and see that one of your admits is also accepted at Stanford, might change how likely you think they are to attend.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We can see acceptances in real time in the spring AMCAS report. When they disappear, we can presume they were declined.

If we have already declined an acceptance, does that acceptance still show up?

Does this report include TMDSAS and AMCAS schools?
Say I’m accepted at a school that uses TMDSAS, and one that uses AMCAS. Do they both still get a report?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
When in Feb does this report get released?

Reactions: 1 user
Do schools see where their waitlisted candidates were accepted in either the Feb report or the spring report?

@gonnif @gyngyn

Thanks for the replies. :)

Do you mind sharing: in what ways do you use the information from this report?