AAMC Biology Pack #2 Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agurl1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the Bio Pack #2 today and got this question wrong. Could someone explain to me why choice I is incorrect? It states in the passage that when they looked at the blood sample under the electron microscope, they saw spherical objects.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.58.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.58.42 PM.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 159
Their evidence, which is flimsy, is that since they said that the microbe was suspected to be the cause of the disease even though they couldn't see anything in the blood before they did electron microscopy, the presence of something suspicious in the blood which was found later through electron microscopy couldn't be the basis for the initial suspicion. This is the equivalent as saying, "the President's staff was suspected of colluding with Russia" and then later finding recorded calls between staff members and Russian state officials. The recordings couldn't form the basis of the initial suspicion, since they were discovered after and as a result of that suspicion.

Reactions: 1 user