AAMC FL1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTC0821

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, quick question. So originally I planned on taking the MCAT in August of 2017 but decided against it after I noticed I wasn't scoring where I wanted to be and will be taking the MCAT this January. I took AAMC FL1 back early July last year and was wondering if it would be worth it to take that again this weekend. I only have AAMC FL2 left and scored in my target range on AAMC FL3 and the sample but am interested in some more representative practice than what I'm getting using 3rd party exams.

In short, I took AAMC FL 1 last July; would it be worth it to take it again at this point or would me possibly recognizing some of the material make it less worthwhile? I've never really been one for retaking exams so I'm wary of this but want to stick to as much AAMC material as possible.

Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you review the exams after you took them?
Last summer, I don't believe I did nearly the post-exam review I do now so I'm not sure if I actually reviewed AAMC 1 after I took it. My studying was disorganized which is part of why I ended up postponing. Luckily I only ended up touching AAMC 1 out of all of the AAMC content that I had as thats primarily what I've done this winter along with reviewing all the questions that I do afterwards and sometimes the day afterwards as well.

Just noticed that above I wrote that I took both AAMC 1 and 2 last July. I only took AAMC 1 back then, I haven't taken 2 yet.

I would take 1 again. Even if you remember passages you're highly unlikely to remember answers. You won't even remember what the passage is about, but probably will recall reading something like it! See your score difference and go from there!