AAMC Official Guide Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BWM95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the 'AAMC Official Guide Questions' test yesterday and received the following scores per section:

Bio/Biochem: 23/30 = 76.6%
Chem/Phys: 23/30 = 76.6%
Psych/Soc: 21/30 = 70%
CARS: 22/30 = 73.3%

I don't really know how to interpret these results based on the fact that they are in a percentage form. Would anyone who has any experience taking this test or has any knowledge of how to interpret these results let me know what these scores mean? I can't really tell if these scores are something to be proud of, or show that I need more work.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the 'AAMC Official Guide Questions' test yesterday and received the following scores per section:

Bio/Biochem: 23/30 = 76.6%
Chem/Phys: 23/30 = 76.6%
Psych/Soc: 21/30 = 70%
CARS: 22/30 = 73.3%

I don't really know how to interpret these results based on the fact that they are in a percentage form. Would anyone who has any experience taking this test or has any knowledge of how to interpret these results let me know what these scores mean? I can't really tell if these scores are something to be proud of, or show that I need more work.

Thank you

I don't think you'll find that exact conversion you're looking for (I took it last week and trust me I searched for a while trying to find a thread that interpreted my scores). Some people say the actual is easier and some say its harder. I think whats most important is making sure you understand why you got questions wrong whether you just didn't know the information or didn't understand what the passage was asking for. For instance, 3 out of the 5 questions I got wrong on C/P was on the first passage with the skeletal muscles where for some reason it didn't register to me that the descriptions about the different types of muscles in the experiment were referring directly to the table that they showed you below haha.

I don't think you'll find that exact conversion you're looking for (I took it last week and trust me I searched for a while trying to find a thread that interpreted my scores). Some people say the actual is easier and some say its harder. I think whats most important is making sure you understand why you got questions wrong whether you just didn't know the information or didn't understand what the passage was asking for. For instance, 3 out of the 5 questions I got wrong on C/P was on the first passage with the skeletal muscles where for some reason it didn't register to me that the descriptions about the different types of muscles in the experiment were referring directly to the table that they showed you below haha.

Yeah I know exactly what passage you are talking about, the only somewhat helpful link I could find was this one.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/comments/3culxa/tentative_aamc_sample_fl_score_conversion/
but I still don't really know how accurate it is. Ive seen alot of people say this test was harder than the AAMC FL, and Ive also heard the opposite. Have you taken the AAMC FL yet or is this your first one as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know exactly what passage you are talking about, the only somewhat helpful link I could find was this one.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Mcat/comments/3culxa/tentative_aamc_sample_fl_score_conversion/
but I still don't really know how accurate it is. Ive seen alot of people say this test was harder than the AAMC FL, and Ive also heard the opposite. Have you taken the AAMC FL yet or is this your first one as well?

This was my first one. I have taken NS 1-3 and EK 1 and 4. I am taking NS 4 on saturday and then ill do the unscored middle of next week, AAMC 1 2 weeks before my test (Jan 19th) and AAMC 2 1 week before my test while doing the q packs and section banks in between. Started the qpacks yesterday and apart from being great content review, they have this feature where you comment on why you missed a question to help you see if the reasons you are getting questions wrong are content based or just misreading or not understanding what the passage is asking.

Im just trolling at this thread. Looking back it, I wish I didn't stress so much about a single test. Try to chill and don't care as much.

yeah I feel you, being too stressed during the test will probably hurt you