AAMC Online Official Guide Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiderachin

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm taking the MCAT June 16, 2017 and I'm currently in my last month of studying. I've been trying to get better at the research design passages, but they're kicking my butt. Anyone kind enough to help me understand how to tackle passages like the ones offered in the AAMC Online Official Guide questions? I've been working 8-10 hours a day trying to solidify my knowledge and it'd hurt to perform poorly because of this one weakness of mine. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Read the passage very quickly (or even skim it), then read the first question about it, then read the passage again looking for the answer to that question; repeat as needed with each question.
Don't hope to full understand the passage the first time you read it. You will get many questions that are actually quite easy and only require you to pick up on one fact in the passage.

Read the passage very quickly (or even skim it), then read the first question about it, then read the passage again looking for the answer to that question; repeat as needed with each question.
Don't hope to full understand the passage the first time you read it. You will get many questions that are actually quite easy and only require you to pick up on one fact in the passage.
Yeah, I'm picking up on that. I don't know if it's a content thing, or if I'm just really intimidated by these passages, but it's messing me up.