Aamc Only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand it is best to do as many FL as possilbe and review them, but wouldnt it be better to just focus on the "official" aamc ones ONLY since that is where the questions are coming from rather than taking TPR/kAPLAN which is somewhat different harder/easier than the AAMC ones? any advice/tips will be appreciated! (I just think of it this way: If I were preparing for a bio test for school would I foucs on other instructors tests and my instructors test or just my instructors tests. The latter seems more logical to me:cool: )

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt get anything out of practicing the kaplan exams. Besides getting better at math. lol. The real thing is only close to the AAMC exams IMO

I focused almost entirely on the AAMC practice tests in the weeks before the MCAT. I don't know about the other test prep companies, but in my experience, Kaplan FLs were much harder than the real deal so taking those tests right before the MCAT can hurt your confidence.

I would definitely make the AAMC tests my first priority, but if you have time, I recommend using passages from the other FLs as a resource. Though I didn't really like the Kaplan PS sections because I thought they were much harder than the AAMC PS sections, both the V and BS sections from Kaplan are as hard or only slightly harder than the AAMC sections, so instead of taking the entire FL, I just picked some passages that looked interesting or challenging and did them without timing myself just to get some practice.

true just do AAMC and few kaplan passages here and there some of their physics passages are ridiculous!!