AAMC Practice FL3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Master Thinker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find this practice test harder than FL1 and FL2? I took this test after 1,2 and managed to do worse, even with more studying....anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you reviewed the exam yet? There is gonna be some amount of variability on any given day. I dropped 3 points between kaplan FLs 510->507, but when I reviewed the test it came down to simple mistakes and the material that I had worked hardest on between test actually improved.

Yeah, I definitely had more of my share of simple mistakes on FL3, especially on CARS. Do you know if FL3 is more predictive of the real test as compared to FL1 and 2? Seems like getting rid of passage number messed with me a bit.

Yeah, I definitely had more of my share of simple mistakes on FL3, especially on CARS. Do you know if FL3 is more predictive of the real test as compared to FL1 and 2? Seems like getting rid of passage number messed with me a bit.
I hate that they did away with the passage numbers and how many questions they would have. I really hope they don't do that on the actual test.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
at least i hope for them having the number of questions per passage. That slightly through off my timing and was very frustrating

Reactions: 1 user
Yea, I think the real AAMC will not have numbers any more according to some guy on reddit. Which sucks because numbers were helpful in CARS

Reactions: 1 user
Just took AAMC FL3. In my estimation, it was way harder than 1 and 2. P/C was a killer. So was CARS. However, curve is decent on this one.

I've taken FL1 & Fl3, and I thought FL3 was easier than FL1, I guess it's all subjective, though the CARS was much better I thought.

Took FL3 yesterday and found it a lot easier than FL2 for whatever reason (511 vs 506). Found C/P a lot easier, B/B was about the same, went slightly down in CARS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯