Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AAMC practice items worthwhile?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by PdiM, Aug 4, 2002.

1. PdiM

PdiM Junior Member

are the AAMC practice items worthwhile to do? I've done a couple, and they seem a little simplistic compared to the practice tests? Anybody feel the same way?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kenfused

kenfused Senior Member
    Partner Organization

Definitely check out the practice items. They are probably the closest thing you'll ever find to the actual exam!

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I definitely found them useful.

5. conure

conure Master Distiller

I have done AAMC 3 and 4. I found on 4 that the score charting is very helpful. You are able to see what a 'difficult' question is and what an 'easy' question is. Then you can see how you faired against other students by section and by passage. Very helpful stuff.

gotta get all the easy ones and most moderate that gets you a 8-9 get some difficult ones and your score shoots up.

6. rCubed

rCubed taiko master

i've been trying to finish the AAMC full-lenghts but i also wanted to know how close to the real thing are the practice items. are they new releases or old ones?

7. I've heard from some of my friends who took the test last spring, that the aamc items provide the best prep. I'm going through all the practice items right now b/c I think this is the best way to learn the language of the mcat... the practice passages have the same type of questions that the tests do, the hidden, go beyond the passage type... I figure if I master these (finish and understand my mistakes) I should be well prepared-