AAMC question packs vs. Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nninalb

Reaction score
I have about 1.5 months until my test date and work ~30 hours a week. I have done content review for all subjects except ochem, but I haven’t taken a single practice test or done any CARS passages. I plan on taking the 4 FL AAMC tests 1 a week in the last 4 weeks leading up to my exam. Is it even worth purchasing uworld and aamc question sets because I know there is no way I will get through them both. Is it better to have both uworld and aamc question packs even if I’m only going to get through a little of each Or just get 1 and focus on that?

Members don't see this ad.

Great job with working and studying for the MCAT at the same time! :clap:

Ultimately I think it is your call for what you think you should do, but keep in mind you want to review your practice test after you take it. This means going over all the answers you get correct and incorrect. So spending 1 week for 1 practice test sounds like the right strategy that you have.

Honestly I think you have all the practice you need, but if you do not score well on those practice test you may want to push the test back and purchase something like UWorld.

Just remember to mimic the testing environment as best you can when you do a practice test, so wake up and sit at the computer at the same time when you take the test for real and take breaks when it is time to take a break (just like the real test), etc..

I think what you should do will depend on how well you do on the practice test.

A lot of people will say that the MCAT is an entirely different animal than your regular college test and that is true, but if you look at it from the perspective that you have lots of practice test available to you from the AAMC you are able to predict your score before you take it, which is a major advantage that you have that you didn’t with many college test. So use that to your advantage. Go into the exam being able to predict what you likely will get.

Last edited: