AAMC Recommendations Reminder email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureNCmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get an email with the subject AAMC Recommendation Reminder?

The body reads:

Dear Applicant,

The AAMC offers a set of recommendations to ensure that MD and MD/PhD applicants are afforded timely notification of the outcome of their medical school applications and have timely access to available first-year positions; and to ensure that schools have no unfilled positions in their entering classes.

Please be sure to review the AAMC Recommendations for Medical School Admission Officers and applicants at http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/start.htm.

Thank you for using AMCAS.

Anyone know why I got this??

Members don't see this ad.

I think everyone gets it. Mainly we need to pay attention to the dates after which we can each only hold one acceptance

I believe its just a reminder of the rules that apply to the application process. With the May 15th deadline a month and a half away, they want the process to go as smoothly as possible with all of the shuffling that will occur.

Members don't see this ad :)
now if they could only send such a reminder to schools like Loyola who are still dragging through this process.