aamc sample test scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful83

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Studying for a retake here in April and took the aamc sample test today. Score breakdown (by percent correct) was 75/74/76/78 (75.75% overall). I was wondering if someone could provide some sort of insight as to where I stand for test day? Took the first two NS exams (508, 507) and three TPR course exams before the content review really began (497, 500, 504). I tried using the reddit calculator but the percentage input would't actually translate to a score change.

Side note: I have hit pretty much the exact same score for both C/P as well as B/B. Any ideas on how to improve?

Members don't see this ad.

This is the converter I used for the unscored. It gave your percentages as 128/126/128/128 = 510. The unscored CARS section is supposedly much easier than usual, so this could be a sign that you need to work on it. For C/P, do practice problems from KA, TPR science workbook, or TBR. For B/B, EK101, TPR science workbook, and KA have good passages.

NS exams are generally either accurate or deflated. Some people get the same score, others score a lot higher. If you're not content with how you did on the unscored, focus on weak spots, do SB, and take aamc fl1 a week or two from now.

Reactions: 2 users
This is the converter I used for the unscored. It gave your percentages as 128/126/128/128 = 510. The unscored CARS section is supposedly much easier than usual, so this could be a sign that you need to work on it. For C/P, do practice problems from KA, TPR science workbook, or TBR. For B/B, EK101, TPR science workbook, and KA have good passages.

NS exams are generally either accurate or deflated. Some people get the same score, others score a lot higher. If you're not content with how you did on the unscored, focus on weak spots, do SB, and take aamc fl1 a week or two from now.

Thanks for your help in getting that score for me, hard to tell where I am at with raw percentages. But I heard the same thing about this CARS section, caught some dumb mistakes with a couple passages (post-exam) so hopefully I can avoid that with enough practice with the question packs.

Its always hard to tell with NS where you're actually at (science sections are ridiculously time pressing, especially C/P). I took half of NS3 and rage quit b/c of that CARS section lol.

I recently started the SB for C/P, and will hopefully start B/B and P/S after another quick review. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your help in getting that score for me, hard to tell where I am at with raw percentages. But I heard the same thing about this CARS section, caught some dumb mistakes with a couple passages (post-exam) so hopefully I can avoid that with enough practice with the question packs.

Its always hard to tell with NS where you're actually at (science sections are ridiculously time pressing, especially C/P). I took half of NS3 and rage quit b/c of that CARS section lol.

I recently started the SB for C/P, and will hopefully start B/B and P/S after another quick review. Thanks again!
NS CARS in general is brutal. They definitely have some of the densest passages I've ever seen. If you're consistently scoring around 508+ on NS stuff, you're in a good place. SB felt more reasonable compared to some of NS's most convoluted passages imo.

Reactions: 1 user
NS CARS in general is brutal. They definitely have some of the densest passages I've ever seen. If you're consistently scoring around 508+ on NS stuff, you're in a good place. SB felt more reasonable compared to some of NS's most convoluted passages imo.

You're not kidding! A fair majority of the passages I have to rush through in order just to not have to guess. At least for the SB the answer is logical, sometimes with NS I really just don't see the connection.

But yeah my average right now excluding the 1/2NS#3 is a 507.5. Im planning on taking aamc fl 1,2 the next two Saturdays before the exam, with SB and half-exam practice during the weeks (full-time job). Any advice for the next three weeks?

You're not kidding! A fair majority of the passages I have to rush through in order just to not have to guess. At least for the SB the answer is logical, sometimes with NS I really just don't see the connection.

But yeah my average right now excluding the 1/2NS#3 is a 507.5. Im planning on taking aamc fl 1,2 the next two Saturdays before the exam, with SB and half-exam practice during the weeks (full-time job). Any advice for the next three weeks?
Focus on AAMC material, especially for CARS (qpacks). Can't rely on third party stuff for that section. Finishing SB before you take the FL's will probably give you the best idea of how you'll perform on the actual exam. Look out for any weak spots you have remaining, and go through AAMC's outline to make sure you have a good grasp on all of the topics listed.

Reactions: 1 users