AAMC self assessment: time to complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Theoretically, it shouldn't take more than 3 hours per test. However, it's incredibly grueling to have to do so many problems in the same subject, to the point where I couldn't finish more than half of any single assessment in one day. I suppose it wouldn't be nearly as bad if you started one, did like a third of it, then went to a different subject and did a third of THAT one, and so on, until you finished. It took me about 5 days to finish all of them.
 
I did all but verbal in ~2.5 days. I'll save verbal for later.

The longest to do for me was bio with 128 questions and AAMC recommends 3-4 hours.
Then Organic chem is 80 questions 2-2.5 hours recommended
Then Physics was 109 questions and 2-3 recommended hours
Then Chem was 104 questions and 2-3 recommended

I took breaks every 30-40 questions, and took a little more time on each test. I generally dont run into time problems on tests so I didnt worry about that.

Note the subjects that I do worst on I tended to take the most time on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a way to print the answers/analysis after you complete it? I haven't started yet but was wondering if it's possible to print answers & explainations after taking it for future references?

I know the questions without answers are in pdf form and can be printed & saved
 
I seem to be taking around the same time as the AAMC recommends, give or take a few minutes.

Is it just me or did the AAMC pick some of the harder questions from old MCATs?