1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AAMC VI quesions

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by twesting2173, Aug 14, 2002.

1. twesting2173

twesting2173 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i wondered if someone coudl help me with these problems from AAMC VI. (That test killed me, especailly the verbal)

bio #175: how could an exogenous gene introduced into a somatic cell be passed on to offspring? i thought that this only occured with germ cells were altered.

bio #176: UGH? i thought that all cells had the same DNA, but that expression differed from cell to cell. the answer to this quesiton says that different cells contain different genes.

okay...last one...

physics #128: how many grams of Lead(II) iodide are present in 100ml of a saturated solution. i know this is easy, but i'm dumb.

thanks everyone.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. twesting2173

twesting2173 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

oh oh oh....i just flipped back to the post about the typo in the bio section of the MCAT. forget about my two bio questions...man that's a relief...i thought i was going crazy!

sorry, i shoudl have looked back earlier.

4. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

LOL I had the same issue when i was going over the exam today in the bio section. I was like now this is very interesting cuz i would think otherwise. lol Then when i looked at the solution manuals explanation I noticed the mistake and breathed a sigh of relief. Too bad the 2 extra questions didnt move my score up. Oh well. But you know what I realized how careful you have to be in bubbling. In the phys science i graded my test and got a 9 but when i saw some answers i circled werent what i bubbled i realized i missed 5 more questions which really meant i got a 10-11. Dont know how i that happened but oh well. I better not do that on the real test.

5. xoomn

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    okay, i am totally confused now. It's the somatic cells that are not 'changeable' and ther germ cells are changeable? Is it saying that germ cells (sperm, ovum) could be altered and not somatic cells?

6. cHocoBo 118

cHocoBo 118 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    can someone tell me what the real answers are to those two bio questions? I only have the basic answer key that has the error in it. thank you.