AAO BCSC Self Assessment correlating with WQE?

Started by JClaw7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JClaw7

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All, Does anyone have experience with the AAO BCSC Self Assessment and how that correlates with the WQE? I know this is not scientific but is there a certain percentage on exams that correlates with passing the WQE? Anecdotal experiences are appreciated too! Also same question with OphthoQuestions (but I've done those questions 3 years in a row already!)
 
Hi All, Does anyone have experience with the AAO BCSC Self Assessment and how that correlates with the WQE? I know this is not scientific but is there a certain percentage on exams that correlates with passing the WQE? Anecdotal experiences are appreciated too! Also same question with OphthoQuestions (but I've done those questions 3 years in a row already!)
I used the BCSC self assessment just to try some new questions. I think you can go either way to prepare. I think the only thing that has been proven to correlate is passing OKAPS. The problem with using that as a metric is that it seems that OKAPS has been interrupted by the pandemic. I think this does give OphthoQ some edge as they actually show you how you are performing in relation to your peers, which is likely a useful indicator.