AAO BCSC Self Assessment correlating with WQE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JClaw7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All, Does anyone have experience with the AAO BCSC Self Assessment and how that correlates with the WQE? I know this is not scientific but is there a certain percentage on exams that correlates with passing the WQE? Anecdotal experiences are appreciated too! Also same question with OphthoQuestions (but I've done those questions 3 years in a row already!)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All, Does anyone have experience with the AAO BCSC Self Assessment and how that correlates with the WQE? I know this is not scientific but is there a certain percentage on exams that correlates with passing the WQE? Anecdotal experiences are appreciated too! Also same question with OphthoQuestions (but I've done those questions 3 years in a row already!)
I used the BCSC self assessment just to try some new questions. I think you can go either way to prepare. I think the only thing that has been proven to correlate is passing OKAPS. The problem with using that as a metric is that it seems that OKAPS has been interrupted by the pandemic. I think this does give OphthoQ some edge as they actually show you how you are performing in relation to your peers, which is likely a useful indicator.