Aap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ampaphb

Interventional Spine
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any notice SDN's very own Gary Chimes is this years Course Director of the Residents and Fellows' Workshop in Colorado at February's AAP Meeting? Kudos!

Members don't see this ad.

Is Gary Chimes on this board? What's his handle?

Did any notice SDN's very own Gary Chimes is this years Course Director of the Residents and Fellows' Workshop in Colorado at February's AAP Meeting? Kudos!

Kudos and much respect to Gary...

And don't forget another SDNer - Brian Bruel - who is the course director of the "physiatric approach to sports medicine" course!

Both of them have been great resources for me and many others in Physiatry.

I guess I've been outed ... I'm Gary

I also want to second the comments made re: Brian- he is clearly one of the brightest of the rising stars in the field and has been doing tremendous work for the AAP.

In particular, the sports course he has put together for the AAP meeting this year, and in many ways will be a template for future courses at the AAP. Big, big props to Brian

As for residents and medical students who are on the fence on whether they should go to the AAP meeting this year- this year should easily be the most resident friendly meeting ever

Amongst the exciting things going ....
1. The resident and fellow course is built into the admission fee for the course. We have a very strong line up of faculty, and the mix of EMG, ultrasound, and statistics lectures and workshops should be a great experience. We are trying very hard to listen to feedback from prior years and make every year better than the one before. I'm particularly excited about the quality of the people who have volunteered their time to teach the residents- just amazing people

2. The sports medicine course. All the courses should be valuable, but Brian has done an incredible job of recruiting an exciting mix of faculty

3. The location- the AAP organizers have organized tours of the Olympic Training Center as part of the meeting

I enjoyed going to the AAP meeting as a resident, but it was never this good before.

And please, if after the meeting, it doesn't meet your expectations, let me know. We want it to be worthwhile.