AARTS Military Crap Problem

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lamyers, Sep 10, 2001.

1. lamyers

lamyers Senior Member

Has anyone else had this problem? After nine or so weeks, AAMCAS just emailed me that I am missing my AARTS military transcript. (I am EDP) The military is not listed as one of my post-secondary institutions, and no other college needs this as there is no coursework listed. What is the deal?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Loki

Loki Senior Member

First of all I assume you were/are in the military (with AMCAS anything goes).

That is weird, I guess they are assuming that all your military training qualifies as college work because AARTS transfers military technical training to college hours. I am in the Air Force, as we have our own Community College, all of our training is transfered to the CCAF. Consequently, we do not need to mess with AARTS. That sucks man! Perhaps you need to contact the AARTS people to see what you need to do in order to get your military training on a transcript.

4. DoctorOneDay

DoctorOneDay Member

I hope they don't do that for every military person. I'm active duty Army and I don't consider any of the things I have done worth mentioning on a transcript.

5. efs

efs SDN Advisor
    SDN Advisor

Podiatrist
    I don't recall AMCAS asking for or needing my AARTS transcript. It really isn't worth much. The stuff on the AARTS are recommendations for college to evaluate for advanced placement or "transfer" credits. If they do, it will show up on that schools transcript. So AMCAS would then show it twice.
    Definately doesn't make sense. I would recommend both contacting AMCAS about it and contacting AARTS to forward a copy. COver all the bases.