ABA Exam Results are up..... :D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lizard1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just happened to login to my aba account and there was a link to view my exam results - while I was waiting for the page to load, my HR went from 70 to 570 :)

So get check it out and start partying..........or studying

Members don't see this ad.

570...?? that's pretty fast. Did you stick your finger in the nearest wall socket? Sounds like you passed. Congrats dude...:thumbup: Best of luck to everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all!

Time to party and read Board Stiff Too!:cool:

I guess the student t-test was the right answer on ALL of the statistics questions...:idea:

I can't find the link in the portal page to find the test results.

I had to sign up for access to the page right now, but I imagine my social security number is the same as it was when I took the test in July. :)

I'm an intern doing a prelim medicine year and will start as a CA-1 in July. I took the inservice exam, but wasn't able to access or create an acccount on the abaanes.org website. Should I be able to at this point?

Thanks

I'm an intern doing a prelim medicine year and will start as a CA-1 in July. I took the inservice exam, but wasn't able to access or create an acccount on the abaanes.org website. Should I be able to at this point?

Thanks

You will get your In-Training Exam score through your program. People taking the exam "for keeps" get their score on the website or in the mail if they want to wait until a week or so later.

Four words: Thank you Niels Jensen!

Four words: Thank you Niels Jensen!

I knew Big Blue COLD backwards and forwards yet there was tons of stuff on the test that I realized was not in Big Blue and thus had not studied for - kinda freaked me out as I relied upon recalling med school lectures and other random stuff deep in the recesses of my brain.

for instance - jensen does not cover ANY echo stuff, no physics and zero statistics. there was also some very specific mechanism of action stuff asked about drugs which were not touched in BB. i found that alot of the test was stuff that you could not study for word for word(like be able to look up the right answer after the test) but rather came from "remembering" what you did in a case and what happened - alot of experienced based question.

Lizard

Did you notice the amount of Basic Science stuff on the exam...ie stuff from Step 1 (back when we were in med school). That was the most surprising thing to me.

You will get your In-Training Exam score through your program. People taking the exam "for keeps" get their score on the website or in the mail if they want to wait until a week or so later.

I am a CA 1 , I logged into my account,I couldn't find the scores though,I clicked on everything including available documents but could not find anything anywhere.
Any clues??or will l have to ask my program for it?

I am a CA 1 , I logged into my account,I couldn't find the scores though,I clicked on everything including available documents but could not find anything anywhere.
Any clues??or will l have to ask my program for it?

You took the exam as the ITE, not "for keeps" like the graduating residents and retakers did. You will get your results THROUGH YOUR PROGRAM unless they have changed it this year. It doesn't appear they have.

I knew Big Blue COLD backwards and forwards yet there was tons of stuff on the test that I realized was not in Big Blue and thus had not studied for - kinda freaked me out as I relied upon recalling med school lectures and other random stuff deep in the recesses of my brain.

for instance - jensen does not cover ANY echo stuff, no physics and zero statistics. there was also some very specific mechanism of action stuff asked about drugs which were not touched in BB. i found that alot of the test was stuff that you could not study for word for word(like be able to look up the right answer after the test) but rather came from "remembering" what you did in a case and what happened - alot of experienced based question.

The majority of the things you mentioned were obviously "test" questions which the board tries out every so often, and wind up getting thrown out from what I'm told. It's a good thing, as some of those images were very hard to read.

When I first got out of the exam, I was somewhat disappointed that there were things that weren't covered in Jensen, but in retrospect, his prep was a great foundation. All I used for this exam was Big Blue, Baby Blue, my notes from Jensen's prep, Hall, and maybe 200 questions from a couple of other books. Bottom line, I passed! I will however be using Michael Ho for the orals, as my friends tell me his course is the best.

i see many people talking about michael ho's course, whats so special about it secondly does he have notes, any comments regarding big red? other suggestions for review books?

woo hoo i passed

I passed too - yahoo!
Advice to those residents - don't rely too much on old exams.
I thought the content was VERY different from previous years.
But whatever - I passed, thank goodness!