2026 match results (all filled)

Started by aneftp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It’ll work for us…. Aneftp and pgg (I think we must be close in age)…. But I think these kiddos going into anesthesia these days are f-ed. The only places I know that have good crna cultures are mine in bfe SC and the Midwest. There are a handful of practices (sevo) that can stay md only but I don’t see anyone in government or the ASA stopping the mid level movement. I think it’s bad for patient care, etc. but no one listens to me. I don’t know of a single decent job in Texas. The crnas and NPs have better lobbying than we do…. They’re organized and indoctrinated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’ll work for us…. Aneftp and pgg (I think we must be close in age)…. But I think these kiddos going into anesthesia these days are f-ed. The only places I know that have good crna cultures are mine in bfe SC and the Midwest. There are a handful of practices (sevo) that can stay md only but I don’t see anyone in government or the ASA stopping the mid level movement. I think it’s bad for patient care, etc. but no one listens to me. I don’t know of a single decent job in Texas. The crnas and NPs have better lobbying than we do…. They’re organized and indoctrinated.
The ones who matched will find out soon enough what it is all about.
 
It’ll work for us…. Aneftp and pgg (I think we must be close in age)…. But I think these kiddos going into anesthesia these days are f-ed. The only places I know that have good crna cultures are mine in bfe SC and the Midwest. There are a handful of practices (sevo) that can stay md only but I don’t see anyone in government or the ASA stopping the mid level movement. I think it’s bad for patient care, etc. but no one listens to me. I don’t know of a single decent job in Texas. The crnas and NPs have better lobbying than we do…. They’re organized and indoctrinated.
There are quite a few places in my area of Florida where is md only for calls or weekends.

But u are right it’s heavy act model everywhere I go. 10% solo (or less) daytime it seems

Honestly that’s how I take advantage of the locums market. Since u got lots of docs especially those 20 plus years into their careers who just sign charts daytime and go home and won’t do nights or weekends.

Had a 51 year old doc same age as me last 2.5 weeks at a job that was basically paying him 25k a week w2 (which is really good w2 pay) because he couldn’t handle ob call solo (mind u it’s just 2-3 epidurals a day). Lazy doc unfortunately. All supervision up to 7pm and then doc goes solo

He quit and just doing locums signing off on charts 1099. Doesn’t even bother going to inductions
Working m-f (50 hrs a week)

He’s F’d when that locums gig dries up and it will as new bodies come in.

That’s just the state of our profession


Hard working docs and lazy docs.
 
Last edited:
There are quite a few places in my area of Florida where is md only for calls or weekends.

But u are right it’s heavy act model everywhere I go. 10% solo (or less) daytime it seems

Honestly that’s how I take advantage of the locums market. Since u got lots of docs especially those 20 plus years into their careers who just sign charts daytime and go home and won’t do nights or weekends.

Had a 51 year old doc same age as me last 2.5 weeks at a job that was basically paying him 25k a week w2 (which is really good w2 pay) because he couldn’t handle ob call solo (mind u it’s just 2-3 epidurals a day). Lazy doc unfortunately. All supervision up to 7pm and then doc goes solo

He quit and just doing locums signing off on charts 1099. Doesn’t even bother going to inductions
Working m-f (50 hrs a week)

He’s F’d when that locums gig dries up and it will as new bodies come in.

That’s just the state of our profession


Hard working docs and lazy docs.

That is a sad state of affairs for our profession.