ABA Results are Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dryacku

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I passed

Good Luck and drink away

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo hoo! No more precious minutes wasted memorizing statistical minutiae. Have a big sip of my Laphroaig, repeated-measures ANOVA.

And Lord have mercy, $2100 is a lot of money... Fingers crossed for Boston.

Ok. Come on. I want to read about others passing this exam. Many of you have been on SDN since Medical School or at least, CA-1 year. Post.

I passed per the website. Better NOT be a typo!

Pitcher margaritas on the way...

:D
BTW, I think Hall and ACE exams were the most helpful resources.

Congrats to all that passed. :thumbup:

If you didn't, keep your head up. Get 'em next time.

Quite disappointed that they posted on my birthday.

But I passed, so I guess I forgive them. At least until I have to sign over a paycheck for the orals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those that passed!
Is there a listing on the ABA website of all the passers?
I vaguely remember seeing one last year

Passed & bought this for tonight.

balvenie-caribbean-cask.jpg

I like the "do you abuse alcohol" question on the registration for orals. I was tempted to say yes after seeing that I passed and pouring my first of many drinks.

Also enjoyed popping my "business expense" cherry at my new job.

Looks like lots of people passed! I'm sure there are some lurkers on here who didn't pass but don't want to post. I was one of them last year. I felt so terrible and I was the only person I knew who didn't pass. What was even more depressing was the ABA publication that says only 50% of 2nd time test takers pass. So I studied my ass off this year. Went to Jensen's in July, outlined every chapter of Faust (a gem!) and read my notes several times, did hundreds of ACE questions, and made sure I had 2 weeks off in July to study- a luxury I wasn't afforded last year. I came out of the test in tears because it was the most difficult test I have ever taken and I knew I failed again. Well I didn't. So there you go. So you lurkers out there, just keep at it and don't give up. :)

quite disappointed that they posted on my birthday.

But i passed, so i guess i forgive them. At least until i have to sign over a paycheck for the orals.

happy birthday bertelman!!

Looks like lots of people passed! I'm sure there are some lurkers on here who didn't pass but don't want to post. I was one of them last year. I felt so terrible and I was the only person I knew who didn't pass. What was even more depressing was the ABA publication that says only 50% of 2nd time test takers pass. So I studied my ass off this year. Went to Jensen's in July, outlined every chapter of Faust (a gem!) and read my notes several times, did hundreds of ACE questions, and made sure I had 2 weeks off in July to study- a luxury I wasn't afforded last year. I came out of the test in tears because it was the most difficult test I have ever taken and I knew I failed again. Well I didn't. So there you go. So you lurkers out there, just keep at it and don't give up. :)

Dude, strong work.

...and thanks, d712.:D

wow, i remember some of the advice some of you guys gave me as a med student.... time flies... congrats! i am hoping i have the same PASSED! to post this time next year!

now go start studying for the orals :)

Last year I had the distinct displeasure of seeing the word "Fail" on my computer screen.

Yesterday it read "Pass".

Resume normal life!

Faust, ACE, Hall, and every retired exam...if that didn't work I don't know what I would have done...

Congrats to those who passed, and to those who didn't, take a breather then start preparing early with a study plan written on your calendar that you stick with. Good luck. :)

And yeah...Boston?? San Diego please!

The good feeling :clap: I had of passing this exam was SQUASHED :eek: when I saw how much I have to fork over for PART-FREAKING DOS!!! Congrats to everyone that passed and good luck to those who will be taking it next year.

Faust, ACE Exams (IMHO, most similar to what is on the test), Chu (yeah, I know it needs an update...but there are some commonly tested concepts included with the old-as-dust questions), and Hall were CRUCIAL for me.

Passed. Was definitely worried I didn't.

Big blue once, Hall (did Hall b4 the ITE, marked down all the q's I got wrong and did them again in June), and about 5 yrs worth of ACE exams. In total probably about 2000 questions.

I also would agree that ACE, Hall and Faust were definitely key to my passing. I also would suggest reviewing the Knowledge Gaps Report sent to us after each ITE; definitely high yield ;)

I also would agree that ACE, Hall and Faust were definitely key to my passing. I also would suggest reviewing the Knowledge Gaps Report sent to us after each ITE; definitely high yield ;)

I also did this in addition to what I mentioned above. After each ITE, and my first attempt at boards, I would outline every keyword I missed. It was time-consuming but helped solidify those concepts. Writing it down gave me a high yield review tool in the days leading up to the exam.

Passed! Faust, Hall, Big Blue, ACE Exams, Old ITE's. Really no surprises on the exam, but you just never know until the results are back. I also made index cards (about 400) from Big Blue my second year and used them to study in the OR. I think that helped a lot.

I passed, but this exam left me feeling as though I could have studied for 8 more months and not felt any better about my preparation. I read big blue, faust, ACE questions, and Hall. Grateful I passed but could have gone the other way and would not have surprised me. 34 on my last ITE.

Congratulations to everyone who passed!!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hope you had a great birthday, Bertelman.

Been out of town. Just checked the website last night. I think my heart rate was about 300+ as I logged in. "PASS". Life is good now. Last two weeks before the exam all I did were ACE exams and read every explanation to every question, even the ones I got right. I felt like this made a huge difference. I felt like the explanations to the ACE questions were the biggest upside.

Now the question of whether to start studying for oral boards or critical care boards.???

Excellent post.

Cambie

Last edited:
I passed but, am a little freaked out.

I took the exam on the 1st and it says "August 2" PASS. Did this happen to anyone else?

THANKS and congrats.