ABCT... where to stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CPsychStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

Have any other students been successful in finding hotel rooms near the Marriott Marquis but at a grad-student price? I would appreciate any guidance! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm afraid I'm running into the same problem, myself. I may just end up staying with a friend who lives in Brooklyn.

same here. I'm just planning on staying with sorority sisters.

Priceline is great for NYC.

Here is a post I wrote earlier this year when I was on internship interviews. I snagged a 4* for $160/nt (tax included), though it looks like midtown east and west 3.5-4.0* are going for $130-$150/nt....which is a (relative) steal. 3 and under should be ~$100.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of travel.....if you are willing to do some leg work, there are some good deals on hotels to be had on Priceline. I've been using it for years, and it has allowed me to stay at much nicer places than I normally would be able to afford. I just booked a 4.5 star hotel in a downtown area for $94....average price is $180-$220+/night. The Ritz, 4 Seasons, and etc may not participate, but there are plenty of 3-4+ star places that can be had for far less than you'd find on Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.

1. Go to: www.tripadvisor.com to familiarize yourself with the areas where you will be interviewing, and the hotel options.
2. Go to: www.biddingfortravel.com (I have no affiliation. The owner is "eccentric", but the information is golden)
3. Go to the sub-forum for your state/city of interest. Read the various pricing threads/combos. Find a sweet spot for your needs.
4. Go to: www.priceline.com to bid. Use the information gathered from #1 and #3 to score a good deal.

If done correctly, you should be able to save 50%-70% off of your hotel.
-------------------------------------------------------------