ABEM Exam Lunch Break?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember if they got a lunch break for their ABEM written exam?

Do they let you leave the center and grab some lunch, or do you have to pack a lunch and eat it there?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

During the Concert you get a lunch and you can leave, if I remember correctly. 30 min, I think. ABEMs website has these details if you delve into the site and the exam rules/regulations. Or call your testing site and ask. You have to fingerprint in and out, each time. Personally I wouldn't want to leave the building and risk a flat tire, fender bender or some other absurd hang up.

you can leave if you want. I hung out in my car and ate sandwich. It was longer than 30 min, palm print in and out instead of fingerprint.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can leave, but don't be late getting back. If you need to drive, I'd pack a lunch instead. You never know when something will happen (breakdown, fender bender) and a) you don't want to deal with that on exam day and b) you don't want to be late returning

Just took it today. You get a 1 hour break between the 2 parts, you can leave the building then. If you break otherwise, you cant leave the building.