ABEM oral boards 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalEMGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I took the ABEM oral boards on May 7. I think I did good. I hate waiting for the results. How much longer till the results?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I took the ABEM oral boards on May 7. I think I did good. I hate waiting for the results. How much longer till the results?
If you google "ABEM Oral boards results" the first link answers your question.

Tracy-Morgan-Explains-How-Superman-Does-Good-Youre-Doing-Well-On-30-Rock.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Search this forum. Posts about this, including recently, and by me as well.

From what I recall -- something like five or so weeks, I think it was, when I got boarded last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
You and me both. The waiting is killer. It absolutely does not take this long to do get the results and validate them in this day and age. I don’t get the point of having it take this long at all.

Yeah my friend who is an anesthesiologist - he took his oral boards after me and got the results last week.

Hoping it pops up tomorrow :xf:

I got mine a year to the date yesterday... Popped up quick. I actually found out because my ABEM page changed and my recert date became a decade later. Took a while to process it then I cracked many MANY beers hahaha

I got mine a year to the date yesterday... Popped up quick. I actually found out because my ABEM page changed and my recert date became a decade later. Took a while to process it then I cracked many MANY beers hahaha
Nothing yet. Do u remember time wise when it came out?

About 4 weeks. I was checking compulsively daily ha. I remember the feeling well. I'm sure I'll be very soon

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone left thinking they failed right? Not just me? lol Going over each case, remembering stuff you missed? haha

I know I missed a couple critical actions over the 11 cases that I know of..... Hope this doesn't fail me. :(

Pretty sure it will be some time this week, maybe even today.

Spring oral boards 2017
Exam: 4/29/17 - 5/2/17
Scores released: 6/6/17

It was 5 weeks exactly from 5/2/17 to 6/6/17

Spring oral boards 2018 was from 5/5-5/7.

5 weeks exactly from 5/7 is 6/11 (today)

Last edited:
Were they released in the morning, afternoon or evening?? haha

(Anyone ever see the South Park episode where Cartman froze himself because he couldn't bear waiting 3 months for the new nintendo to come out? lol)

Seems like past result threads have posted around 9a-11a so I'd expect to see it in the AM

I don't think you will get "in trouble" if you call? And who knows, maybe they will say they will be out by the end of the day, or the end of the week? It's the perpetual uncertainty that is rough. I'm sure they have already fielded a bunch of phone calls anyway, but might be worth a shot?

This isn't Step I, you all will still have jobs, nothing will change if you fail. It will be ok.

Still don’t understand why it takes so long for these tests. Nurses and PAs don’t have to wait anywhere near as long for their results.
You should definitely continue to judge your profession by the standards of nurses and PAs.

It is finished.

Damn there is a lot of MOC!

Congrats to the newly board certified - now comes that wait for your board certificate (after orals of course). Don't be surprised if you end up NOT getting a certificate at all, or get somebody else's certificate (with or without your own certificate). All of these things have happened, and are likely going to continue. I wonder if ABEM employs monkey butlers to send out their certificates...

I took the ICEP oral board review course in Chicago and did the Okuda cases! I recommend both :)

Congrats to the newly board certified - now comes that wait for your board certificate (after orals of course). Don't be surprised if you end up NOT getting a certificate at all, or get somebody else's certificate (with or without your own certificate). All of these things have happened, and are likely going to continue. I wonder if ABEM employs monkey butlers to send out their certificates...

Furthermore, its not an impressive certificate at all.

Damn it, given what I had to go through to get it, that thing ought to be solid gold.

It should also appreciate each year, like a rare baseball card, or coin, or something of the like.

I was turbo pissed off when I got my cert in the mail, and it was just.... an 8.5x11 joke.

I am a board certified badass. I am board certified to put a needle in your heart and suck out the badness that will kill you. This is what I get !?!