-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ABEM oral boards 2018
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you google "ABEM Oral boards results" the first link answers your question.Hi, I took the ABEM oral boards on May 7. I think I did good. I hate waiting for the results. How much longer till the results?
D
deleted859535
Hi, I took the ABEM oral boards on May 7. I think I did good. I hate waiting for the results. How much longer till the results?
Search this forum. Posts about this, including recently, and by me as well.
From what I recall -- something like five or so weeks, I think it was, when I got boarded last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really felt like we were going to find out today. Bumber 🙁
I really felt like we were going to find out today. Bumber 🙁
You and me both. The waiting is killer. It absolutely does not take this long to do get the results and validate them in this day and age. I don’t get the point of having it take this long at all.
You and me both. The waiting is killer. It absolutely does not take this long to do get the results and validate them in this day and age. I don’t get the point of having it take this long at all.
Yeah my friend who is an anesthesiologist - he took his oral boards after me and got the results last week.
D
deleted245139
I got mine a year to the date yesterday... Popped up quick. I actually found out because my ABEM page changed and my recert date became a decade later. Took a while to process it then I cracked many MANY beers hahaha
D
deleted245139
Good luck to you all!!!
Nothing yet. Do u remember time wise when it came out?I got mine a year to the date yesterday... Popped up quick. I actually found out because my ABEM page changed and my recert date became a decade later. Took a while to process it then I cracked many MANY beers hahaha
D
deleted245139
About 4 weeks. I was checking compulsively daily ha. I remember the feeling well. I'm sure I'll be very soon
You did good too!If you google "ABEM Oral boards results" the first link answers your question.
![]()
D
deleted859535
Still no update! It's been 5 weeks!
Check later this afternoon just in case. Pretty sure I got mine on a Friday at 5-6 weeks out.
DoctorDoktor
New Member
Still not up?? Are they serious?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DoctorDoktor
New Member
Everyone left thinking they failed right? Not just me? lol Going over each case, remembering stuff you missed? haha
D
deleted859535
Everyone left thinking they failed right? Not just me? lol Going over each case, remembering stuff you missed? haha
Totally normal.
They don't care about you or your test, they have their money already
DoctorDoktor
New Member
They don't care about you or your test, they have their money already
So what about the 2% that actually do fail? is it that they do overtly "dangerous actions" more than once or something?
Pretty sure it will be some time this week, maybe even today.
Spring oral boards 2017
Exam: 4/29/17 - 5/2/17
Scores released: 6/6/17
It was 5 weeks exactly from 5/2/17 to 6/6/17
Spring oral boards 2018 was from 5/5-5/7.
5 weeks exactly from 5/7 is 6/11 (today)
Spring oral boards 2017
Exam: 4/29/17 - 5/2/17
Scores released: 6/6/17
It was 5 weeks exactly from 5/2/17 to 6/6/17
Spring oral boards 2018 was from 5/5-5/7.
5 weeks exactly from 5/7 is 6/11 (today)
Last edited:
DoctorDoktor
New Member
Were they released in the morning, afternoon or evening?? haha
(Anyone ever see the South Park episode where Cartman froze himself because he couldn't bear waiting 3 months for the new nintendo to come out? lol)
(Anyone ever see the South Park episode where Cartman froze himself because he couldn't bear waiting 3 months for the new nintendo to come out? lol)
Still nothing so frustrating
How about not? Not a good idea. Nothing will change. People that passed, passed. People that failed will still have failed.how about calling ABEM ? 🙂
You do it and let us know what they say !how about calling ABEM ? 🙂
DoctorDoktor
New Member
I don't think you will get "in trouble" if you call? And who knows, maybe they will say they will be out by the end of the day, or the end of the week? It's the perpetual uncertainty that is rough. I'm sure they have already fielded a bunch of phone calls anyway, but might be worth a shot?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Back door to verify passing up!
Log in and look at when your certification expires. Mine says 12/31/2028 now! Same way people were looking previously.
Log in and look at when your certification expires. Mine says 12/31/2028 now! Same way people were looking previously.
And now I can see the vast amounts of MOC too...
And now I can see the vast amounts of MOC too...
Same ! doesn’t show up as a score in “view examination history” though. whatever!!
Board certified !
DoctorDoktor
New Member
it's over =)
Still don’t understand why it takes so long for these tests. Nurses and PAs don’t have to wait anywhere near as long for their results.
Definitely glad I can say ABEM board certified now!
Definitely glad I can say ABEM board certified now!
You should definitely continue to judge your profession by the standards of nurses and PAs.Still don’t understand why it takes so long for these tests. Nurses and PAs don’t have to wait anywhere near as long for their results.
You should definitely continue to judge your profession by the standards of nurses and PAs.
I meant from the standpoint of releasing results for standardized tests and ensuring the quality has been maintained. Your point is noted though poor choice for a comparison.
Congrats to the newly board certified - now comes that wait for your board certificate (after orals of course). Don't be surprised if you end up NOT getting a certificate at all, or get somebody else's certificate (with or without your own certificate). All of these things have happened, and are likely going to continue. I wonder if ABEM employs monkey butlers to send out their certificates...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted245139
Congratulations!!
Congrats to the newly board certified - now comes that wait for your board certificate (after orals of course). Don't be surprised if you end up NOT getting a certificate at all, or get somebody else's certificate (with or without your own certificate). All of these things have happened, and are likely going to continue. I wonder if ABEM employs monkey butlers to send out their certificates...
Furthermore, its not an impressive certificate at all.
Furthermore, its not an impressive certificate at all.
Damn it, given what I had to go through to get it, that thing ought to be solid gold.
Damn it, given what I had to go through to get it, that thing ought to be solid gold.
It should also appreciate each year, like a rare baseball card, or coin, or something of the like.
I was turbo pissed off when I got my cert in the mail, and it was just.... an 8.5x11 joke.
I am a board certified badass. I am board certified to put a needle in your heart and suck out the badness that will kill you. This is what I get !?!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K
