ABFM review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joliarte

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if the online AAFP board review questions on the AAFP website are the same as the questions on the free ABFM phone app? I don’t have an AAFP membership since my residency program is AOA and pre-acgme certified, so I can’t access these free board review questions on the AAFP website. Would appreciate any input! Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

From my experience there are very similar questions, but there are more on the AAFP website than the ABFM app. You could just use the last 3 years of intraining exams on the ABFM website as well. I know for a fact that many of them are exactly the same as the AAFP board review questions. If you have an ABFM login, then you have access to plenty of questions on the ABFM website in the past intraining exams.

Ok thank you! The app has almost 700 questions which is a decent amount too :)

From my experience there are very similar questions, but there are more on the AAFP website than the ABFM app. You could just use the last 3 years of intraining exams on the ABFM website as well. I know for a fact that many of them are exactly the same as the AAFP board review questions. If you have an ABFM login, then you have access to plenty of questions on the ABFM website in the past intraining exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are good. Do them and you find find similar MCQ stems in the exam.

Last edited:
i am trying to find old FM in training exams (2014 onward would be great).. no idea where to get those since after beginning practice i lost touch w residents! Does anyone have old ITEs in PDf's or willing to scan/loan me a copy please? Thanks :) Also cant find the ABFM's older CKA's (the ones that are 25 questions, they come out in 4 quarters, I only have the 2017 and 2018 quarters.

We were encouraged to use our old intraining exams.
i am trying to find old FM in training exams (2014 onward would be great).. no idea where to get those since after beginning practice i lost touch w residents! Does anyone have old ITEs in PDf's or willing to scan/loan me a copy please? Thanks :) Also cant find the ABFM's older CKA's (the ones that are 25 questions, they come out in 4 quarters, I only have the 2017 and 2018 quarters.

I have 2011-2013.

I THINK you can log in and review the ones you've taken, but don't remember for sure.