Program-Specific Info / Q's Abilene Christian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulOTapplicant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering applying next cycle to Abilene Christian. Does anyone have stats of acceptance or experiences in the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I am considering applying next cycle to Abilene Christian. Does anyone have stats of acceptance or experiences in the program?
I was just accepted to the program for this upcoming fall.

My GPA is a 3.7 which is a middle range, so when I talked to someone in admissions, she said to make sure I spend a lot of time on the personal statement, and try to get at least 150 observation hours in diverse settings. I also had 5 references rather than just the two required. Two from OTs I shadowed with, one from my internship supervisor, and two from professors. After submitting my application, I also got a job as a rehab tech and sent an email updating them on my experiences with the job. The lady I spoke with said they were expecting over 400 applicants for the year and I believe they accept around 20. I think it definitely helped that I set up a phone call to learn more about the program, and what they expect from the applicants.

Hope this helped!

I had applied to Abilene Christian for this past cycle and was rejected. My stats weren't the best though. But I have also went to the school to visit and spoke with a student there. The student I spoke with said that they put alot of emphasis on your personal statement and observation/volunteer experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything back from Abilene for this upcoming cycle?

I just heard that ACU is letting us know by email between Feb 15-March 1. Anyone else out there waiting anxiously for news from them?

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard that ACU is letting us know by email between Feb 15-March 1. Anyone else out there waiting anxiously for news from them?
Me! I've put a deposit down somewhere else but I really want Abilene. I've been glued to my email.

Reactions: 1 user
Same for me- accepted somewhere else by ACU is my top choice!

Yes Happy Day! I was accepted and I will be attending. Anyone else planning to attend?

Looking to connect with anyone planning to attend or is attending ACU!

Welcome- they said they would be setting up a Facebook group and connecting us all in April. I have been looking at housing!

Has anyone heard anything from ACU lately? I got the email back in March saying they would be contacting us about registering for classes. Just getting anxious to get things moving!

Hi everyone! I know this is super late, but I just got accepted off the waitlist for ACU, and was wondering if there was a facebook group for those who are going to be in the program this fall?

Hi everyone! I know this is super late, but I just got accepted off the waitlist for ACU, and was wondering if there was a facebook group for those who are going to be in the program this fall?
I was also accepted and am wondering about the Facebook group!