Program-Specific Info / Q's Abilene Christian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am considering applying next cycle to Abilene Christian. Does anyone have stats of acceptance or experiences in the program?
I was just accepted to the program for this upcoming fall.

My GPA is a 3.7 which is a middle range, so when I talked to someone in admissions, she said to make sure I spend a lot of time on the personal statement, and try to get at least 150 observation hours in diverse settings. I also had 5 references rather than just the two required. Two from OTs I shadowed with, one from my internship supervisor, and two from professors. After submitting my application, I also got a job as a rehab tech and sent an email updating them on my experiences with the job. The lady I spoke with said they were expecting over 400 applicants for the year and I believe they accept around 20. I think it definitely helped that I set up a phone call to learn more about the program, and what they expect from the applicants.

Hope this helped!
 
I had applied to Abilene Christian for this past cycle and was rejected. My stats weren't the best though. But I have also went to the school to visit and spoke with a student there. The student I spoke with said that they put alot of emphasis on your personal statement and observation/volunteer experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome- they said they would be setting up a Facebook group and connecting us all in April. I have been looking at housing!
 
Has anyone heard anything from ACU lately? I got the email back in March saying they would be contacting us about registering for classes. Just getting anxious to get things moving!
 
Hi everyone! I know this is super late, but I just got accepted off the waitlist for ACU, and was wondering if there was a facebook group for those who are going to be in the program this fall?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I know this is super late, but I just got accepted off the waitlist for ACU, and was wondering if there was a facebook group for those who are going to be in the program this fall?
I was also accepted and am wondering about the Facebook group!