Able to maintain good health while it PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dodds08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Another question for you current (and former) PT students. I was wondering if you guys are/were able to keep up a healthy lifestyle regimen while going through the rigors of PT school. For the most part, are/were you guys able to get enough sleep, workout out regularly and prepare your own meals for the week?

That was one thing I enjoyed about undergraduate, I had time to pay attention to my health. Was wondering if I can expect to continue that or look forward to bags under my eyes, a mini gut and convenient foods choices lol

Thanks for your responses, I enjoy these casual conversations.

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. I was a college athlete so a workout regime is imperative to my success as a student. I workout 6 days a week and cook my food in bulk for the week on the weekends. However, i am a morning person, so thats when i get in the gym. A typical day for consists of a 6am wakeup, in the gym by 630am. Done by 730am, and in class by 8. We go till 3pm 4 days a week and till 5pm on wednesdays. After class i'll go home and eat dinner real quick and head to the library till around 10. Asleep by 11pm to wake up and repeat. 7 hours sleep a night and you're golden. You have to be disciplined but its very doable if you work at it.

PS, i'm also getting A's and B's, so remember school is your priority here.

Let me know how it goes, it took me a while to get a good routine down so i thought i'd pass on some knowledge!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes you will be able to maintain good health. I work out at least one hour a day. If it's a holiday, like tomorrow, then I might workout a little longer. I have time to use the foam roller in the morning. It's not that hard to boil some potatoes, grill meat, or make a salad. There's no need to rely on fast food or vending machines. I get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

This stuff is great to hear! I know I'm a better student when I workout so I was planning to get it in no matter what....just good to hear that it doesn't sound like you're sacrificing other areas to do it.