Abnormal brain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselShift

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently I've gotten a CT scan of the brain which came back completely normal according to the radiologist, I've linked a few images of my scan to see if anyone else can find something, to me, my ventricles look extremely large and abnormal..

Here's the report:

Findings:

THE VENTRICLES, CISTERNS AND SULCI ARE WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS. THERE IS NO MIDLINE SHIFT OR MASS EFFECT. THE GRAY-WHITE JUNCTION IS INTACT THROUGHOUT. THERE ARE NO ABNORMAL FLUID COLLECTIONS AND NO HEMORRHAGES. THERE ARE NO AREAS OF ABNORMAL SIGNAL ATTENUATION.

Anyway, just tell me what you think, am I right or is he right? opinions highly respected. Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the report.
This site is not intended for medical advice.
Also I do not know whether you have a huge mass in your skull base.
Do not seek medical advice on a random forum.
 
Agree with shark2000. Also, it is probably not a good idea to solicit medical advice on a random radiology sub-forum, especially when you have an official report from a board-certified diagnostic radiologist. If you truly have concerns, follow up with your physician.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agree with shark2000. Also, it is probably not a good idea to solicit medical advice on a random radiology sub-forum, especially when you have an official report from a board-certified diagnostic radiologist. If you truly have concerns, follow up with your physician.

Seconded.

OP, your report specifically comments on the ventricles. I would understand maybe some concern if it was not commented on. But you have a board certified radiologist telling you point blank on your report that your ventricles are fine. I don't understand the worry. 😕

Anyways this thread should be locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.