1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Abnormal Psychology BCPM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by k8gr87, May 20, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. k8gr87

k8gr87

May 20, 2014
    I'm entering my courses in, and it seems really controversial whether Ab Psych can be listed as a bio course. My course talked enough about neurotransmitters, the nervous system, how drugs worked, etc. and I don't think it would be absurd to list it as a biology course. I was wondering 1) did anyone recently (last cycle) get away with listing Ab Psych as bio (did you have to fight for it?) and 2) I'm confused-- if AMCAS has to change the course classification, will I have to resubmit it? will I be behind? will AMCAS/medical schools think that I tried to cheat the system? 3) basically, is it worth the risk to list it as biology if I got an A in the course?

Thanks for any advice on this!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Physician
    There's no penalty if AMCAS decides to change the classification. They just change it. Just list it as bio and see what happens.

4. k8gr87

k8gr87

May 20, 2014
    awesome! thanks so much!