about foreign schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nr-xxx

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think any person thinking of schools also should consider the costs. The total US cost is at least USD 280,000 and in some instances may go as high as USD 400,000. it is realized that some also have school debts from college. now then if a person can not get into a Military program , a Public health program and they do not have parents that are a "power couple" with excess of income then I propose the following schools. The degree is good in all 50 states. the cost of living is far less ,, the qualify for US Federal schools loans
First forget Mexico the good old days of Guadalajara are over with. or University del nor Este, it is too dangerous kidnapping and drug dealers
Second forget the Cuba school, the US will NEVER allow those student to come here for externships, especially in Florida
Third, THINK TWICE about Caribbean schools, there was an article in the New York Times about 24 months ago, such that NEW YORK Hospitals are not going to allow the students to do externship anymore. that means you are stuck with a worthless degree and mountains of debt.
So propose the following choices most of them cost about USD 60,000 which is far cheaper than the USD 280,000 cost of the Medical degrees
1) Australia, University of Queensland in Brisbane they will accept a student with a US GPA 2.7 and a
MCAT 24 . the school is Caribbean style with first 2 years in Brisbane and last 2 ye at Ochsner Clinic in
New Orleans
2) Poland several to choose from Jagiellonian is the oldest but also Univ Warsaw , Univ Silesia, and Poznan University
3) Czech Republic, Charles University, 6 year curriculum but good in all 50 states and all EU so if you meet the "love of your life" and want to live in Paris , France or Rome Italy after graduation the degree is good there
also worthy of consideration are the schools in Ireland, a little less competitive than US, Canada or UK

all the schools are good in all 50 stats, the cost is about USD 60,000 and the cost of living is very low in Eastern Europe,
as a comparison In Bulgaria a 1 bed room condominium in a gated community with private pool is USD 25,000 so costs for room and board are very cheap by US standards

the purpose of this post is for that student with a GPA of 2.7 and/or a MCAT of 24 that truly wants to be a doctor , then University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia is where you want to look

also for that student that is scared of high debt of USD 280,000 to USD 400,000 and can not get into a Military or Public health program, and/ or the parents do not have the money, then try Eastern Europe ( Poland or Czech republic)

many of these schools have been producing doctors since the Middle ages and are well established recognized by WHO , EU and are good in all 50 states Most if not all qualify for US Federal loans

best of luck thanks for listening. I do not want to give my name but I have served on Admission committees of private University medical schools in the US . to me too many student " do not count the cost" of the schooling they should to me many of the schools like Australia , Poland or Czech republic are a "bargain" and better then the Caribbean schools

Members don't see this ad.

Many thanks for shilling for the Eastern European diploma mills. They're as respected by residency directors as are the Cairib diploma mills.

I think any person thinking of schools also should consider the costs. The total US cost is at least USD 280,000 and in some instances may go as high as USD 400,000. it is realized that some also have school debts from college. now then if a person can not get into a Military program , a Public health program and they do not have parents that are a "power couple" with excess of income then I propose the following schools. The degree is good in all 50 states. the cost of living is far less ,, the qualify for US Federal schools loans
First forget Mexico the good old days of Guadalajara are over with. or University del nor Este, it is too dangerous kidnapping and drug dealers
Second forget the Cuba school, the US will NEVER allow those student to come here for externships, especially in Florida
Third, THINK TWICE about Caribbean schools, there was an article in the New York Times about 24 months ago, such that NEW YORK Hospitals are not going to allow the students to do externship anymore. that means you are stuck with a worthless degree and mountains of debt.
So propose the following choices most of them cost about USD 60,000 which is far cheaper than the USD 280,000 cost of the Medical degrees
1) Australia, University of Queensland in Brisbane they will accept a student with a US GPA 2.7 and a
MCAT 24 . the school is Caribbean style with first 2 years in Brisbane and last 2 ye at Ochsner Clinic in
New Orleans
2) Poland several to choose from Jagiellonian is the oldest but also Univ Warsaw , Univ Silesia, and Poznan University
3) Czech Republic, Charles University, 6 year curriculum but good in all 50 states and all EU so if you meet the "love of your life" and want to live in Paris , France or Rome Italy after graduation the degree is good there
also worthy of consideration are the schools in Ireland, a little less competitive than US, Canada or UK

all the schools are good in all 50 stats, the cost is about USD 60,000 and the cost of living is very low in Eastern Europe,
as a comparison In Bulgaria a 1 bed room condominium in a gated community with private pool is USD 25,000 so costs for room and board are very cheap by US standards

the purpose of this post is for that student with a GPA of 2.7 and/or a MCAT of 24 that truly wants to be a doctor , then University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia is where you want to look

also for that student that is scared of high debt of USD 280,000 to USD 400,000 and can not get into a Military or Public health program, and/ or the parents do not have the money, then try Eastern Europe ( Poland or Czech republic)

many of these schools have been producing doctors since the Middle ages and are well established recognized by WHO , EU and are good in all 50 states Most if not all qualify for US Federal loans

best of luck thanks for listening. I do not want to give my name but I have served on Admission committees of private University medical schools in the US . to me too many student " do not count the cost" of the schooling they should to me many of the schools like Australia , Poland or Czech republic are a "bargain" and better then the Caribbean schools

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Many thanks for shilling for the Eastern European diploma mills. They're as respected by residency directors as are the Cairib diploma mills.
go to www.mededpath.org they claim 2016 Match 93%, 2015 Match 91%, 2014 Match 96 % so it seems their students do get matched.

Your writing skills kinda give away why you didn't go to a US MD or DO school.
I am a US med school grad in a combined MD/PhD program I have also written professionally with some 70 articles in peer reviewed journals and am cited or quoted over 400 times by Science citation Index calculations in the World literature

I am a US med school grad in a combined MD/PhD program I have also written professionally with some 70 articles in peer reviewed journals and am cited or quoted over 400 times by Science citation Index calculations in the World literature
And my signature is entirely true.

Reactions: 3 users
New Orleans

Neither Australia nor the Czech Republic had a sufficient number of US IMG's to be included in Charting Outcomes in the Match. Poland had only 46 US IMG's match, while 79 did not: http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP...atch-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf
A foreign medical degree would seem a very risky investment for someone hoping to match in the US, not a bargain at all.

Reactions: 3 users
People win the Lotto as well, but that doesn't me we should all buy tickets.
I'm not sure that's a valid comparison..risk vs reward on buying a lotto ticket twice a week is pretty low.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow this sounds fantastic, sign me up! See ya later suckers, I'm off to that sweet sweet Bulgarian condo.

Reactions: 2 users
New Orleans

How much for a bottle snake oil tonic?

Reactions: 1 users
Why are there so many random extra spaces between your words @nr-xxx?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user